Delaying anything is very irritating. Sometimes flights also get delayed for a few or more hours. So Avianca Airlines makes some rules about flight delays. They will provide compensation for the flight delay. You can get up to 600 euros if your flight gets delayed. So read this post to get more details about Aviance Airlines Flight Delay policy.
Avianca Airlines Compensation Policy
You can request compensation from Avianca in the following situations:
- Flight Delay: If your flight is delayed for more than three hours.
- Flight Cancellation: If your flight gets canceled and you weren’t told in advance or if you were informed less than 14 days before the cancellation. To know more about cancel policy, just check out Avianca Airlines Flight Cancel Policy.
- Overbooking: If you were unable to get on the plane because there were more people than there were seats.
If you experience any of these situations, you can submit a claim to Avianca and ask for compensation to cover the inconvenience you have faced.
The Process to Claim Avianca Compensation
To receive compensation from Avianca, you need to follow these steps:
- Collect All Necessary Documents: To file a compensation claim with Avianca, you will need the following information: your flight number, the date you departed, the airport you left from, and the airport you were supposed to arrive at. It’s a good idea to keep all the documents related to your flight, like the boarding pass, ticket, and receipts for any extra expenses you had to pay.
- File Complaint: After you have described your situation to Avianca, you should submit a formal complaint. To file a complaint with Avianca, you have two options. You can either fill out the complaint form on their website or send an email to their customer service department.
- Wait for a Response: After you have described your situation to Avianca, you should submit a formal complaint. To file a complaint with Avianca, you have two options. You can either fill out the complaint form on their website or send an email to their customer service department.
- Receive Compensation: If Avianca agrees with your complaint, they will offer you compensation. The amount of compensation you can receive is between 250 and 600 euros. The specific amount depends on how far you were flying and how long your flight was delayed.
If you agree to the compensation, Avianca will send you the payment within 15 days.
Documents Required to Submit an Avianca Compensation
Before you begin a compensation claim with Avianca, make sure you gather the following documents:
- Ticket: This document is very important because it shows that you bought a ticket from Avianca and were supposed to travel on a specific flight. Typically, you will get it in your email after you make your booking. If you can’t find it, you can ask the company for a copy.
- Legal Documents: To start any kind of claim, you need a document that proves your identity. This could be your ID card, passport, or residence card. You will also need to show this document at the airport when you check in and go through security.
- Boarding Pass: If your flight was delayed, canceled, or overbooked, you will need evidence that you had a reservation for that specific flight. The boarding pass is the most reliable evidence, but you can also use a letter or email from Avianca admitting their mistake. Make sure to keep a record of your boarding passes for all your Avianca flights, even if your flight was canceled and you were put on a different one. If not, it will be hard to show that you experienced an event.
- Additional Expenses: If you had to pay extra money because of a delay, cancellation, or lost baggage, you need to show the tickets and receipts as proof. The expenses that are included are for hotels, meals, missed tours, or tickets for other flights. Make sure to keep all the receipts and invoices you receive, and remember to ask for an invoice whenever you make a payment at a store or business. If you need to request compensation from Avianca, you will have to provide proof of all your expenses.
How to Check the Avianca Flight Status?
To find out the status of your Avianca flight, you can follow these simple steps:
- Please visit the website and navigate to the Avianca flight status section.
- Please provide the number of your flight.
- Please verify the status of your flight, which includes the expected departure and arrival times, as well as any possible delays or cancellations.
You also have the option to download the Avianca mobile app. This app allows you to easily check the status of your flight in real-time and receive notifications if there are any changes. You can ask Avianca customer service for information by calling them or sending an email.
Lost or Delayed Baggage Compensation
- If you need to file a compensation claim with Avianca for lost luggage, it’s important to understand that the airline is required to search for your luggage and return it to you as quickly as they can.
- If your luggage is not found within 21 days from the expected delivery date, it is considered lost. You can then make a claim for compensation against the airline.
- To start the Avianca compensation claim process, you need to submit a Baggage Irregularity Report to the airline within 7 days of your flight’s arrival.
- You need this document to request compensation from the airline company.
- If you don’t submit this report by the deadline, your compensation claim might be denied.
- After submitting the report, the passenger needs to wait for the airline to find the luggage.
- If your luggage is still missing after 21 days, it is considered lost. At that point, you can start the process of filing a compensation claim with Avianca.
- According to the Montreal Convention, if an airline loses your luggage, they are responsible for compensating you up to a maximum amount of 1.253 SDRs (Special Drawing Rights). This is equivalent to approximately €1.414 when converted using the exchange rate.
- It’s important to understand that these compensations are not given automatically. The passenger needs to provide evidence of the damage and harm they experienced.
- So, make sure to save all receipts for any extra costs you have because of losing your luggage, like buying clothes and essential items.
- To request compensation for lost luggage from Avianca, you can submit a claim directly to the airline.
- If Avianca doesn’t reply within two months, you can file a claim with the Spanish Aviation Safety Agency (AESA). They handle and resolve issues related to air passengers’ claims.
- Regardless, it’s important to remember that presenting the Baggage Irregularity Report is necessary to start the Avianca compensation claim process for lost baggage.
- Also, it’s a good idea to keep any documents that can prove the extra costs of losing your luggage.
How Much Time Does Avianca Usually Take to Pay Compensation?
After we have received all the necessary documents, we will continue in the following way:
- Eligibility: In the first 12 hours, we use our Avianca flight monitoring tools to check if the report is true.
- Legal: In the next 24 hours, we will send the file to the law staff so that they can prepare the paperwork against the company.
- Settlement: About 60–120 days to settle out of court. During this time, we’ll let you know how things are going.
What May I Claim if Avianca Cancels My Flight and I Booked Accommodation?
If your trip is canceled, you can get a refund for the ticket price and the hotel deposit. You must have proof of flight cancellation and hotel expenses. Complete the online Avianca compensation claim form after you have all the evidence, and we will assist you get the compensation.
Can I carry a pet during the Avianca flight?
According to Avianca’s Pet Policy, You can carry a pet during the flight.
What situations qualify for compensation under Avianca’s policy for flight delays?
Avianca provides compensation for flight delays, flight cancellations, and denied boarding due to overbooking.
What documents are required to file a compensation claim with Avianca for flight disruptions?
To file a compensation claim, you will need your flight details, boarding pass, ticket, legal identification, and receipts for any additional expenses incurred.
How can I check the status of my Avianca flight?
You can check your flight status by visiting Avianca’s website and providing your flight number. Alternatively, you can use the Avianca mobile app for real-time updates and notifications.
What should I do if my baggage is lost or delayed by Avianca?
If your baggage is lost, you should submit a Baggage Irregularity Report within 7 days of your flight’s arrival. If the luggage is not found within 21 days, you can file a compensation claim.
How long does it usually take for Avianca to pay compensation for flight disruptions?
Avianca typically takes about 60 to 120 days to settle compensation claims. The process involves eligibility verification and legal preparation before settlement.