Southwest Airlines is one of the main low-cost carriers in the United States. The headquarters is located in Dallas, Texas. The airline offers flights to various destinations including Chicago, Baltimore, Washington, Midway, Las Vegas, Denver, Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, Orlando, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Arizona, Nassau, Belize City, Liberia, San Jose, Punta Cana, Mexico City, and many others.
Southwest Airlines carries the most domestic passengers out of any airline in the United States. The fleet includes Boeing 737s and Boeing 737-800s. The airline has more than 750 aircraft in its fleet. It offers flights to over 100 destinations in 45 states and 10 countries.
It’s not too hard to cancel or change a flight these days. Nowadays, everything is digitized and designed to be extremely convenient to use. Every airline has its own set of rules and policies regarding changes and cancellations.
Airline schedule changes are bound to occur, but they can actually give you more flexibility to improve your flight itinerary. To find a better route than the original, several factors are taken into consideration.
Airlines may occasionally change your travel plans or flights for various reasons. If you want to change or cancel your flight reservation, the airline will charge you a penalty fee. However, in this case, the airline does offer some compensation. The process might take some time and be complicated for beginners, but those with experience will find it simple.
How To Change Southwest Flight?
If you’ve booked an online ticket with Southwest Airlines, you can easily change your flights. To make changes to your flight itinerary, you should contact the airline’s representative.
- Go online and sign in to your account with Southwest– To access Southwest Airlines’ official website, go to their homepage and click on the “Log In” button at the top-right corner. Please provide your username or account number and password to log in.
- Select the option of “Change/Cancel Flight”- After logging into your Southwest account, choose the “Change/Cancel Flight” option. You can locate this option on the right side of the home page.
- Enter the Confirmation Number and First, Last Name– Please provide your confirmation number, first name, and last name. Next, locate and select the “change flight” button.
- Select “Change Flight” or “Cancel Flight”– Now choose from “Change Flight” or “Cancel Flight” according to your requirement and then click on “Search”.
- Search for the Flights You Want to Change– Please locate the flights listed on your reservation ticket and mark the checkboxes next to the flights you wish to modify or update. If you want to get better prices on the same day, you can also search for new cities and new dates.
- Select for New Flights – After completing step 5, select the option “Select New Flights” and then click on the continue button.
- Review your Flight Selection and Prices of the Same – After you finish all the steps mentioned above, choose the new flights and double-check the prices. Click on the button labeled “Continue” and then click on the button labeled “Purchase”.In addition to changing your flight online, you also have the option to change or cancel your flight offline. You can cancel your reservation by phone or mail using this method.
Southwest Change Flight Phone Number:
Welcome to Southwest Airlines Customer Relations!
Mail Address– The mailing address for Southwest Airlines Refunds Department is P.O. Box 36649, Dallas, Texas 75235-1649. Now that you have learned about the methods mentioned above, you should have a clear understanding of how to change a Southwest flight.
Southwest Change Flight Fee
Southwest Airlines does not charge any fees for changing domestic or international flights. Below is the process that is followed:
No Change Fee Will Be Charged
If there is an emergency or a sudden change of plans, you might have to make adjustments or modifications to your travel plans. You can make changes to your Southwest Airlines booking without any extra fees. They are very flexible with modifications.
- If you want to change your flight itinerary, you only need to pay the difference in fare. There are no additional fees or hidden charges.
- The airline won’t charge you for making sudden changes to your plans or for emergencies.
The airline wants you to know that when you book a Southwest Airlines flight, you don’t have to worry about change fees.
Southwest Change Flight Refund
Reservations cannot be refunded. The refund policy for a ticket depends on the type of fare you bought. Whether or not you can get a refund will depend on the specific fare you purchased.
If you purchased tickets that can be fully refunded, you will receive a complete refund for the unused amount. The airline will add the balance to your future travel account if you need to change your reservation for any reason.
You can request a refund in the following ways:
If your outbound flight has not left yet, you can request a refund:
- You can access Southwest Airlines’ official website. To begin, please make sure to cancel your flight ticket.
- You can cancel your reservation by calling the Reservation Department number.
- You can also send an email to the airline’s refund department.
- According to Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy, If you need to correct your name on Southwest Airlines, you can change up to 4 characters in your first name, middle name, or last name.
If your outbound flight has already left, you can request a refund:
- By calling the Reservation Department number.
- You can also contact customer service managers for this request.
If you canceled a reservation online with Southwest Airlines but didn’t ask for a refund at that moment, you can still submit a request later:
- To make a reservation, simply call the Reservation Department number.
- You can also contact the Customer Relations Number.
- By writing an email to the Refunds Department.
Fully Refundable Flights Include:
- Flights are booked through points.
- Business select class fares.
- Anytime fares.
- If a passenger has mixed refundable fares with Wanna Get Away or non-refundable fares and the passenger doesn’t travel without telling the airline at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time, then the airline won’t give any refund.
- You can request a refund if your ticket is valid and has not expired.
According to the airline’s policy, non-refundable tickets cannot be refunded. However, passengers are allowed to use the amount they paid as travel credit for future trips. Refunds cannot be given in cash or credited back to a credit card.
If a flight is delayed because of bad weather, the airline will give passengers a new seat on the next available flight, refund any money left on their ticket, or provide them with travel credit for future trips.
Southwest airline’s reusable funds:
- You can use any unused refundable tickets for future travel, or you can get a refund within one year from the date they were issued.
- You will receive your refunds using the same payment method you used for your original payment.
- If you bought tickets using a debit card or credit card, any refunds will be credited back to the same card within seven days after you request the refund.
- It may take around 10 days for your bank to deposit the refund into your account.
The Refunds Department takes care of processing refunds for passengers. They aim to complete this process within 7 business days from the date the refund request is made.
The time it takes for the money to be credited to your bank account can vary depending on your bank. It may take up to 10 days.
Southwest Same Day Flight Change
If you need to change your flight plans, Southwest Airlines offers excellent service for making those changes. You can ask to change your flight on the same day as your reservation. The airline allows passengers to make changes without any fees. You have the option to change your Southwest Airlines flight either online or offline. To change your flight online, you need to go to the official website of the airline and follow the provided instructions. The offline method refers to requesting a flight change or cancellation by calling or emailing the reservation department. Both options are very convenient for passengers, and there are no penalties or fees for changing or canceling flights.
Southwest Flight Change Policy 24 Hours
If a passenger cancels or changes their flight within 24 hours of purchasing it, they are eligible for a full refund. The airline allows you to change or cancel your flight within 24 hours without any fees or penalties. To receive a refund, you need to complete a brief refund request form.
You will receive your refund in the same way you made the payment. If you request a refund after 24 hours, the non-refundable tickets’ value will be transferred to your travel credit account for future use. Not all tickets can be refunded. Whether or not a ticket can be refunded depends on the type of ticket that was purchased.