Our lives are constantly changing, and so are our travel plans. We work hard to cancel something, which takes a lot of effort and money. With VivaAerobus’ cancellation policy, passengers can enjoy flexibility and incur minimal expenses when requesting cancellations. Here are the key points from the cancellation policy:
- VivaAerobus can suspend or cancel flights at any time without needing permission from the guests beforehand.
- VivaAerobus is required to follow the rules for cancellations and compensations, as stated in their policy on canceled flights and compensation.
- According to VivaAerobus flight cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their reservation either through the airline’s website or by calling the VivaAerobus flight cancellation number.
- If you need to cancel your reservation with VivaAerobus, there will be a flight cancellation fee. To avoid this fee, you must request the cancellation at least 4 hours before your scheduled departure time, as long as the boarding process has not started yet.
- According to VivaAerobus cancellation policy, passengers who have booked the Zeo Fare are not permitted to cancel their reservation. If you can’t board a flight, you may lose the entire value of your ticket.
- If you want to cancel your VivaAerobus ticket within 24 hours of making the reservation, their 24-hour cancellation policy will apply. If you want to cancel your ticket, please contact the VivaAerobus ticket cancellation phone number.
- If VivaAerobus gives you a ticket for a flight that is already full, or if they cancel a flight and you are not allowed to board, you are entitled to a full refund. VivaAerobus cannot charge you a fee for canceling the ticket in these cases. This refund is subject to VivaAerobus’ compensation policy for canceled flights.
- According to VivaAerobus ticket cancellation policy, if a passenger is unable to board a flight because of the death of a family member or close relative, the airline may provide them with a travel certificate. If a passenger finds themselves in this situation, they will need to provide a death certificate or a medical certificate that is relevant to the situation. This is necessary for validation purposes.
- In cases where you need to just change your flight, there is a simple and seamless Viva Aerobus Flight Change Policy, which allows you to change flights in case of emergency.
24-Hour Cancellation Policy
According to VivaAerobus, passengers can cancel their flight tickets within 24 hours of purchase. However, there are a couple of conditions: the scheduled departure must be at least 7 days away, and you need to request the cancellation within that 24-hour window. Here are the key points of VivaAerobus’ 24-hour cancellation policy:
- These things must have come from or be connected to the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
- To book a VivaAerobús flight, you should go directly to the airline’s website or contact their flight cancellation number.
- The 24-hour cancellation rule of VivaAerobus does not apply to reservations made through Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) like Expedia, Cheapoair, and others.
- To make a reservation with VivaAerobus, it is necessary to book at least 7 days in advance. Please note that the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to group bookings and is subject to the terms of the group contract.
- You cannot cancel a Zero Fare ticket within 24 hours. If you need to cancel, you can use future travel credit or frequent flyer points to book another flight.
- According to VivaAerobus’s cancellation policy, the 24-hour cancellation rule does not apply to flights that do not start in the US and are not covered by United States Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines.
VivaAerobus Cancellation Fee
According to the VivaAerobus ticket cancellation policy, you cannot cancel your ticket once it has been issued. Passengers can only request flight changes for their existing reservations on VivaAerobus. Here is an overview of the exchange penalty before the scheduled departure:
Domestic (within Mexico)
|VivaAerobús Reissue Fees||Online||Phone||Airport|
|Itinerary Changes (Flight departs in more than 24hrs)||80 USD||90 USD||150 USD|
|Itinerary Changes (Flight departs in less than 24hrs or up to 4 hours before the flight departure)||110 USD||120 USD||200 USD|
International (To and from Mexico)
|VivaAerobús Reissue Fees||Online||Phone||Airport|
|Itinerary Changes (Flight departs in more than 24hrs)||45-54 USD||45 USD||50 USD|
|Itinerary Changes (Flight departs in less than 24hrs or up to 4 hours before the flight departure)||62-75 USD||62 USD||67 USD|
How to Cancel Flight with VivaAerobus?
Passengers have the option to cancel their flights using the VivaAerobus app/website or by calling the airline. Let’s learn how to navigate the process of canceling a ticket with VivaAerobus.
To cancel your VivaAerobus flight reservation online, follow these steps:
- To access your flight information, go to www.vivaaerobus.com and click on the ‘My Flight’ tab.
- Please provide the six-digit confirmation number and the last name of the passenger. Make sure your last name matches exactly with what is on your reservation confirmation. If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to see your flight details.
- According to Viva Aerobus’s cancellation policy, you can only get a refund for your flight if you purchased it within 24 hours of booking.
To cancel your booking, follow these steps:
- 1. Retrieve your booking.
- 2. Select your flight itinerary.
- 3. Click on the ‘Cancel’ tab to proceed.
- To cancel a VivaAerobus flight, you must select the passenger from the booking confirmation if there are more than two passengers.
- The amount of your VivaAerobus flight cancellation refund will be shown on the screen. To continue, simply click on the ‘Refund’ button.
- After you submit the cancellation request for your VivaAerobus reservation, you will receive a confirmation email at the email address you provided when you made the booking.
VivaAerobus Cancel Reservation Over The Phone
To cancel your VivaAerobus ticket, you should call their phone number.
- Once you are connected to the VivaAerobus executive team, simply ask them to cancel your reservation.
- Please provide the six-digit confirmation number. Make sure your confirmation number matches exactly with the one on your itinerary details. If it doesn’t, your flight information won’t be shown.
- According to Viva Aerobus cancellation policy, you can only get a refund for your flight if you purchased it within 24 hours of booking.
- Once you have submitted the cancellation request, the refund will be credited back to the original payment method. The processing time for credit card refunds is 7 business days.
- After you submit the VivaAerobus cancel reservation request, you will receive a confirmation email at the email address you provided when you made the booking.
VivaAerobus Cancel Reservation At The Airport
- Go to the airport where your flight is leaving or find the closest VivaAerobus ticket office.
- Please provide the details of your booking confirmation. Please request the agent to cancel your reservation.
- The agent will inform you if your reservation is eligible for a refund for canceling a VivaAerobus flight.
- According to VivaAerobus’s cancellation policy, you can only get a refund for your flight if you purchased it within 24 hours of booking.
- If you bought your reservation at the airport counter, you can choose to get a refund in the form of a check from VivaAerobus.
- After you submit your cancellation request for VivaAerobus, you will receive a confirmation email at the email address you provided when you made the booking.
VivaAerobus Ticket Cancellation in Case of Delays, Overbooking, and Schedule Change
According to VivaAerobus flight cancellation policy and the US Department of Transportation regulations, passengers have the right to receive compensation and a refund if their flight is canceled, delayed, rescheduled, or diverted, or if the airline is directly responsible for the cancellation. Extraordinary circumstances can include things like bad weather, natural disasters, political unrest, or anything that could put the passengers’ safety at risk.
Here are the conditions that need to be met if VivaAerobus cancels a flight due to delays:
- Travel route –If your flight with VivaAerobus is canceled and it starts in Mexico or the US, you have the right to receive compensation.
- Circumstances surrounding flight disruptions – To qualify for compensation for flight delays or cancellations with VivaAerobus, the change in departure time must be due to exceptional circumstances.
- Deadline for claiming compensation – Passengers have up to 6 years after their flight was canceled to claim compensation from VivaAerobus.
- The total delay you have experienced – To be eligible for VivaAerobus trip cancellation compensation, the flight must be delayed for more than 4 hours, or 2 hours if the flight is canceled. This is the total delay you have experienced.
Below is the important information that is frequently required to claim compensation for a canceled flight with VivaAerobus:
- Travel documents include a boarding pass and a booking confirmation. The booking confirmation shows the itinerary of the flight and the passenger’s information.
- Receipts for hotel accommodation, airport transfer expenses, and meal expenses. Receipts that show the name of the passenger who was affected.
- Flight number refers to the number assigned to each flight, including any connecting flights, during your travel or any new flight booking made to replace a canceled VivaAerobus flight.
- Flight schedule refers to the planned departure and arrival times mentioned in the affected itinerary.
- Please provide the specific departure and arrival times mentioned in the affected itinerary.
Flight Cancellation Compensation
According to Viva Aerobus’s cancellation policy, if your flight is delayed for more than 4 hours or gets canceled by the airline, you may be eligible for compensation of up to 750 USD. Passengers may be eligible for compensation if they cancel their VivaAerobus ticket.
- In the cases where VivaAerobus issues tickets that exceed the aircraft capacity or cancel a flight where passengers have been denied boarding.
- If the flight delay or major schedule change for more than four hours
- Flight delays of up to two hours, result in VivaAerobus flight cancellation
- If the passenger missed any connection or a stopover
According to VivaAerobus refund policy, passengers can receive a refund for their canceled flight. Additionally, they may also be eligible for cancellation compensation ranging from 300 USD to 750 USD.
If your VivaAerobus flight is delayed for more than two hours, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Food or drinks
- You will need a phone and internet access to help you plan your future travel or to send emails.
- If the new flights require specific conditions, you may need overnight accommodation.
If your VivaAerobus flight is delayed or canceled for more than four hours, you may be eligible for compensation. If your flight is delayed for more than four hours, you may be eligible for trip cancellation compensation from VivaAerobus.
- If the flight distance between point A and point B is less than 1500 km, the cost is 300 USD.
- The cost is 425 USD if the flight distance between point A and point B is between 1500-3500 km.
- The cost is 700 USD if the flight distance between point A and point B is more than 3500 km.
VivaAerobus Refund Policy
Before requesting a refund from VivaAerobus, there are some important highlights to consider.
- According to VivaAerobus refund policy, if you use a future travel credit to buy a new flight and the cost is less than what you originally paid, you won’t get a refund for any remaining credit balance.
- The airline does not provide any compensation or refund if a passenger is unable to board a flight due to reasons attributed to them.
- If a passenger receives a refund due to a flight cancellation that was not their fault, they are also eligible to receive compensation according to VivaAerobus’ refund policy.
- If you cancel your flight on our website, VivaAerobús app, or by calling our flight cancellation phone number, we will refund the money back to the same debit or credit card you used to book the reservation.
- If you request a refund, the money will be returned to the same payment method you used to make the purchase. The processing time for credit card refunds is 7 business days. Refunds for ticket cancellations will be processed within 20 business days of the request.
- As per VivaAerobus cancellation policy, no cancellation or refund shall apply to the purchase of flight booking or any other travel essentials with VivaAerobus mileage points.
- Travel Certificates issued to purchase new flight bookings shall not have a residual value. Therefore, in the cases where the remaining value remains unused, the passenger may not request to issue any new Travel Certificates or claim a refund.
- In the cases where issues tickets exceed the aircraft capacity or cancel a flight where passengers have been denied boarding, a full refund must be obtained without collecting any ticket cancellation fee and is subject to the flight canceled compensation policy.
- As per the VivaAerobus refund policy, the refund amount depends on several variables. For example, tickets that are partially flown will be calculated on a prorated basis, based on the rules mentioned in the VivaAerobús flight cancellation policy. Fees and surcharges collected will only be refunded, if applicable.
- If your ticket qualifies, you can go ‘Manage My Booking’ section and request a flight cancellation online to process a refund.
- As per the VivaAerobus cancellation policy, a refund can be requested for any fare that allows refunds. Depending upon the fare rule or fare basis code associated with the booking a VivaAerobus flight cancellation fee may apply.
- Most fares are non-refundable and are not eligible for any voluntary refunds.