Please read the following critical details about Turkish Airlines’ checked baggage policy for all domestic and international flights:
- When you give your checked bag to the airline, they will take care of it and give you Turkish Airlines baggage tags for each piece.
- If your baggage doesn’t have any names, initials, or personal identifications, you can track it by using the Turkish Airlines lost baggage complaint forum.
- Turkish Airlines will transport checked baggage on the same plane as passengers. Sometimes, if there are too many checked bags, passengers’ bags might be put on the next flight because there isn’t enough room.
- The amount of free baggage you can bring on Turkish Airlines depends on the type of ticket you have and the class of service you purchased.
- If you have more baggage than what is allowed for free on your Turkish Airlines ticket, you will need to pay an extra fee.
Baggage that has not been inspected or is being brought onto the plane must be able to fit either under the seat in front of passengers or in the overhead storage bin. You can only bring the weight and size of luggage that is specified in the Turkish Airlines booking.
According to Turkish Airlines baggage policy, here are the terms and materials allowed for checked baggage and hand luggage on their flights.
- Make sure that your hand luggage meets the size and weight requirements specified in your Turkish Airlines reservation. It should also be able to fit under the seat.
- The cabin baggage should weigh no more than 8kg and be smaller than 23 x 40 x 55 cm.
- You can bring liquids like perfumes, sprays, and medical solutions with you, as long as they are not prohibited. However, they must be in containers that are sealed and have a size of less than 100 ml. Containers larger than 100 ml are not permitted in the cabin.
- You need to carry your shaving kit and other skin-care essentials like make-up, mascara, lotion, lipstick, etc. in a 1-liter zip-lock transparent bag.
- If you are traveling with an infant, you can bring as much baby food as you need on the plane. There is no limit to how much you can bring.
- You can bring a respiratory device apparatus with you in the cabin.
- You are not allowed to bring lighters and match sticks into the cabin. However, they can be provided upon request during the flight, as they are not considered weapons.
- You can bring sports equipment on the plane as long as it is packed in a special bag.
- Infants can bring strollers on board the plane, but the stroller size must be no larger than 115 cm.
The dimensions and limits mentioned here follow the Turkish Airlines baggage policy.
- Regardless of the class of service, Turkish Airlines allows a maximum checked baggage weight of 32 kg on all flights.
- Infant passengers can bring one piece of baggage weighing up to 10 kg on each flight.
- The checked baggage must be no larger than 158 cm or 62 linear inches.
- Passengers are allowed to carry a maximum of 5 checked bags each way.
Please be aware that the dimensions and limits mentioned here are in line with the Turkish Airlines baggage policy.
Passengers can also bring one personal item. Here is a list of personal items you can bring with you on board.
|Types of Personal Items||Maximum Dimensions|
|A small camera or photo camera||40x30x15 cm|
|Tablet or laptop||40x30x15 cm|
|Lightweight stroller||70×30 cm|
|Full-size stroller||40×40 cm|
|Umbrella (Except pointed ones||90 cm|
Extra Baggage Considerations
Turkish Airlines understands that passengers may have concerns about excess baggage and their expectations. Don’t worry about the weight and size of your baggage if it exceeds the Turkish Airlines baggage allowance. Here is everything you need to know about Turkish Airlines’ extra baggage allowance.
- The extra baggage fee for Turkish Airlines may vary depending on whether you are flying domestically or internationally.
- The baggage allowance for extra weight or an additional piece on Turkish Airlines may vary depending on your flight destination.
- The extra baggage fee for Turkish Airlines is determined by the registered baggage policy mentioned in the passenger’s ticket fare rules.
- The extra baggage fee for Turkish Airlines on code-share and interline agreement flights ranges from 350 to 450 USD.
- If you have a stopover or connecting flight, there may be an extra fee for excess baggage. This fee can range from 10 to 180 USD.
- Turkish Airlines will display the extra baggage fee on the ticket receipt before your scheduled departure.
- When traveling with Turkish Airlines, Economy Class passengers are allowed to bring an extra baggage weight of 23 kg, while Business Class passengers can bring 32 kg. Passengers traveling on these routes will need to pay an additional baggage fee to Turkish Airlines. The fee is 80 per piece of excess baggage that weighs between 23-32 kg.
- Turkish Airlines requires that checked baggage must not exceed 32 kg, regardless of the weight and piece concept. If your baggage weighs more than 32 kg, it will be divided into two pieces. In this case, Turkish Airlines will charge you an extra fee for the additional baggage.
Baggage Fees and Charges
Here is a summary of Turkish Airlines’ checked baggage fee according to their baggage policy:
|Region||Bag 1||Bag 2||Bag 3||Bag 4||Bag 5|
|Domestic flights within Turkey||30 USD||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD||250 USD|
|Europe||Free||30 USD||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD|
|Middle East (Except Dubai, and Qatar)||Free||30 USD||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD|
|Africa||Free||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD||250 USD|
|The Indian Subcontinent||Free||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD||250 USD|
|Southeast Asia||Free||30 USD||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD|
|USA and Canada||Free||Free||30 USD||40 USD||250 USD|
|Dubai||Free||55 USD||150 USD||200 USD||250 USD|
|Qatar||Free||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
|Caribbean||Free||Free||150 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
|South American region||Free||Free||150 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
|Transatlantic||Free||Free||200 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
|Transpacific||Free||Free||200 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
Turkish Airlines Baggage Limit
Here is all the information you need to know about the limits for carry-on and checked baggage for both international and domestic flights.
- Cabin baggage refers to any piece of luggage that you can bring with you on the plane. It should weigh no more than 8 kg and have dimensions that do not exceed 115 cm.
- The checked baggage allowance limit for Turkish Airlines may change depending on the fare type and class of service you have booked. For example, Economy EcoFly allows 15 kg of checked baggage, while Economy ExtraFly and PrimeFly allow 25 kg and 30 kg respectively.
Turkish Airlines Lost Baggage Policy
In this post, we will give you all the information about Turkish Airlines regarding lost, damaged, delayed, or incomplete items.
- If you can’t find your baggage after your trip with Turkish Airlines, contact the helpline number for damaged baggage. This is in accordance with Turkish Airlines’ baggage rules.
- If you have a complaint about lost baggage, you will receive a reference number as a referral. You can easily check the status of your lost baggage using the Turkish Airlines lost baggage tracker.
- If you see any damaged baggage at the airport, make sure to contact the customer service desk for Turkish Airlines’ baggage claim.
- If your baggage goes missing while flying with Turkish Airlines, you are entitled to receive compensation for the lost baggage. Passengers must provide proof of the expenses they had during that period.
In summary, Turkish Airlines has specific guidelines for cabin and checked baggage. Passengers should be aware of size and weight limits, as well as potential fees for excess baggage. The airline also provides a process for tracking lost baggage and claiming compensation for any issues.