Do you plan to bring your pet on a JetBlue flight but are unsure about their pet policy? Don’t worry! You’re on the right page. This blog will provide you with detailed information about JetBlue pet policy.
JetBlue allows cats and dogs to fly in the cabin on both international and domestic flights. JetBlue doesn’t permit pets as air cargo or checked baggage. JetBlue lets you bring up to 4 pets on a flight. To book your pet, visit JetBlue’s website or call them in advance. Look for the “extras” section when booking.
JetBlue Airlines Pet Policy
When you book your flight with JetBlue Pet policy, you can also reserve a spot for your pet. You can include pets in the Extras section when making a reservation.
- You will need to pay USD $125 for each way for your pet.
- You can bring a maximum of six pets per flight.
- You can bring your pet along with you on the flight, but it will count as one personal item. You will need to have an approved pet carrier, and both the carrier and your pet must fit under the seat in front of you.
- Your pet and carrier cannot be larger than 17 inches in length, 12.5 inches in width, and 8.5 inches in height. This is equal to 43.18 cm in length, 31.75 cm in width, and 21.59 cm in height. Also, the total weight of your pet and carrier cannot exceed 20 pounds.
- Did you book a JetBlue Basic fare for your flight? You can bring one personal item with the pet carrier, but you cannot bring carry-on baggage.
- Pets are not allowed in Mint.
- Pets are not allowed on interline or codeshare reservations, except for some nonstop domestic flights operated by American Airlines. This applies no matter how or where the reservation was made.
- If you’re a TrueBlue member, you can add a pet to your reservation and get 300 extra points for each part of your flight.
- You cannot bring your pets on flights to or from London or to Trinidad & Tobago.
JetBlue Pet Policy Guidelines
- You can only bring small dogs and cats on the plane with you. They must be in a pet carrier that is certified by the FAA and can fit under the seat in front of you.
- Customers can only bring one pet with them.
- Jetblue does not allow live pets to be transported as cargo or through cargo services according to their pet policy.
- JetBlue has a policy about emotional support animals (ESA). If your animal smells bad or is not clean, it cannot fly with you.
- To book a pet, go to jetblue.com and look for the extras section during your booking.
As per JetBlue Pet Policy in cabin, JetBlue Airlines Pet Policy allows small dogs and cats to travel in the cabin with their owners, provided they meet certain requirements:
- Pets must be at least 8 weeks old.
- Your pet (including the carrier) cannot exceed 20 pounds in weight.
- The combined weight of your pet and carrier must not surpass 20 pounds.
- Only one pet per passenger is allowed.
What are the Steps to Book Pet Seat on JetBlue Airlines?
JetBlue Pet Policy allows passengers to book their pets on their flight or itinerary.
- To book a trip with your pet, click on the booking link provided on the booking page.
- If the travelers have already purchased their tickets on JetBlue. To buy tickets or add pets to their booking, they can go to the Jetblue Airways official website and look for the JetBlue Manage Booking section. Then, they can search for their reservation and make the necessary changes.
- To find extra options, tap on the menu after you have your flight or itinerary on your screen.
- To add a pet to your itinerary, simply tap on the “Add Pet” button.
- You must pay to add your pet to your reservation.
JetBlue Pet Policy Cargo Requirements
- Your pet and carrier will be considered as your carry-on item. Make sure your pet can stand up and move around comfortably in the carrier.
- The maximum size for a pet carrier on JetBlue is 17 x 12.5 x 8.5 inches or 43.18 x 31.75 x 21.59 cm (length, width, and height).
- Your pet and carrier must weigh 20 pounds or less in total.
- Containers should not leak and should have good airflow.
- You can bring carriers that are either soft-sided or hard-sided.
- We will not accept containers that can be escaped from.
- You can carry only one pet in a carrier.
- You can buy a JetBlue pet policy cargo at the airport ticket counter for $55.
Which Pets Are Allowed on a Jetblue Flight?
JetBlue allows emotional support pets, animals, and service animals on board as long as they are not on the list of prohibited breeds, do not pose a risk to other travelers, and are small enough to sit at the passenger’s feet or on their lap. The animals must also be well-behaved and clean.
Unlike other airlines, JetBlue Airlines Pet policy for Emotional support animals doesn’t ban cats or dogs with short noses from flying. It might be better to avoid dogs and cats with short noses because they can have trouble breathing. Airlines like JetBlue have banned emotional support animals due to new travel laws.
Remember that JetBlue now considers their Emotional support animal policy to be their pet policy.
JetBlue Pet Reservation Fee
- If you’re traveling with a pet in the cabin on JetBlue, you’ll need to pay $125 roundtrip as per their ESA policy.
- You can’t bring live animals as checked baggage during shipping or transportation. You can bring small dogs and cats on board, but they must weigh 20 pounds or less including their carrier.
- You don’t have to pay for service animals or animals used for psychiatric purposes.
For tourists who want to take their furry friends on the trip, JetBlue pet policy provides a practical and pet-friendly choice. You may make sure that the trip goes smoothly and pleasurably for you and your pet by being aware of and according to the above-mentioned suggestions. Put your bags in the car, fetch your pet, and get ready for a JetBlue adventure!