Traveling with pets can add a special joy to our journeys, and when it comes to flying, understanding the pet policies of airlines is crucial. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the specifics of Cathay Pacific’s pet policy, ensuring you and your four-legged companion have a smooth and stress-free experience.
Overview Cathay Pacific Pet Policy
Here, we’ll provide an overview of Cathay Pacific’s general stance on pet travel. This section will cover the types of animals allowed, any specific breed restrictions, and an introduction to the documentation required.
- The airline only allows kennels made of durable materials such as rigid plastic, strongly welded metal, and solid fiberglass.
- Containers made of wood are not allowed.
- Wire mesh or welded mesh kennels are prohibited.
- The dog container should be user-friendly for the staff and ensure the safety of the animal.
- It is important to select cages that are constructed from durable materials such as metal, solid plastic, fiberglass, or wood.
- Wire mesh or welded mesh cages are not permitted.
- The containers should be designed with safety and convenience in mind.
Read Also: Cathay Pacific Manage Booking
In-Cabin or Cargo Pet Policy
Cathay Pacific typically offers both in-cabin and cargo options for pet travel. This section will explore the pros and cons of each, guiding pet owners in making the right choice based on the size, breed, and comfort of their furry companions.
For those considering in-cabin travel, we’ll detail the specific requirements set by Cathay Pacific. This includes carrier dimensions, weight restrictions, and any additional regulations to ensure a comfortable and safe journey for both pets and passengers.
- The containers should be of the right size, designed to prevent leaks, and have proper ventilation, among other considerations.
- It should be made with durable materials like rigid plastic, fiberglass, or welded metal.
- No wooden carriers will be permitted.
- They cannot accept cages that are foldable and have removable pins.
- Before boarding, it is recommended to remove the wheels if they are attached to the cage.
- The carriers should have a maximum opening size of 25 x 25 cm for dogs and 19 x 19 cm for cats.
- It is important to keep the food and water containers separate.
- Make sure to always follow the instructions for watering and feeding.
What to Know About Cargo Travel?
For larger pets or those not eligible for in-cabin travel, understanding the cargo option is crucial. This section will cover the procedures, safety measures, and additional considerations for pets traveling in the cargo hold.
Cathay Pacific Pet Reservation Guidelines
Booking a flight for yourself and your pet involves some unique considerations. In this section, we’ll guide readers through the booking process, emphasizing the importance of early reservations and providing tips to secure a seamless journey.
Document Required for Pet Reservation
You will need to have the following items with you, in accordance with the animal-in-cargo rules. It is important to be aware that the following requirements apply to most countries:
- It is important to ensure that you have the necessary export or import permits from the appropriate department or authority of the country.
- You will need to provide valid vaccination records and health documents from a certified vet.
- These certificates should indicate that your dog or cat is free from rabies and other diseases.
- It is important to have any additional documents required by the concerned authorities or the travel country.
- You will need to obtain shipment and related permits.
- We require additional documents, such as tickets with accurate names.
Read Also: Flair Airlines Pet Policy
On-Board Comfort and Care
Once onboard, pet owners want to ensure their furry friends are comfortable and cared for. This section will discuss in-flight care tips, highlighting Cathay Pacific’s commitment to the well-being of pets during the journey.
Pet Travel Fees
Cathay Pacific calculates the cost of pet travel based on either weight or piece, depending on the chosen travel route.
Cathay Pacific Pet Policy for Service Animals
Only service/assistance/guide animals are accepted by the airline. These dogs should be well-trained to assist customers with special needs during their flight. These are key points to consider regarding the policy for service dogs:
- It must be authorized by Assistance Dogs International, Assistance Dogs Europe, or International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF).
- Please make sure to notify the airline about your service dog at least 48 hours in advance of your trip.
- It is important to ensure that your animal meets all the specific requirements of the destination.
- For example, if you plan to travel to Hong Kong, you will be required to obtain a special permit from the Hong Kong Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD).
- Make sure to keep copies of all the necessary documentation for training, health, and vaccines.
- If the dog is big, allow it to sit on the floor and be near your feet.
- On the flip side, small animals can be comfortably kept on your lap.
- It’s important to ensure that your dog is properly harnessed or leashed during the entire journey.
- The owner will be responsible for its health and other requirements.
In essence, Cathay Pacific’s pet policy ensures a smooth and safe journey for your furry companion. From kennel guidelines and travel options to reservation details and on-board care, the airline prioritizes the well-being of pets. By understanding and adhering to these policies, you can embark on your travels with confidence, knowing that Cathay Pacific values the comfort and happiness of your beloved pet. Safe travels!
Read Also: Turkish Airlines Pet Policy