Nowadays, it is common to make minor errors in the name when booking a flight ticket. Airlines often give customers a chance to fix these mistakes. Norwegian Air has a policy that allows visitors to easily change their names for travel purposes.
This policy is straightforward and aims to identify all the rules for changing names. This policy helps with making changes to names, correcting mistakes, or editing information. It gives guidance on how to do these modifications smoothly. Understanding these rules will make it easier for customers to correct their names.
General Guidelines of Norwegian Name Change Policy
Passengers may have different reasons for wanting to change their names on the ticket. Some may simply want to correct any mistakes they made during the booking process. Some passengers may want to change their first or last names or change the way their names are written. To make different requests, certain criteria have been established. The Norwegian Air name change policy has specific guidelines for travelers who want to change their names. These rules and regulations are in place to protect the privacy and security of the flier.
Life is unpredictable, and in some cases, you need to change flights with airlines. So before changing flights, you have to read the Norwegian Air Flight Change Policy.
Some Important Guidelines
- Passengers who can change their names are those who have booked their tickets either directly or indirectly through the official sources of the airline.
- You can only change your name on a Norwegian air ticket if you have a confirmed reservation from the airline.
- If you need to make changes to your reservations made through travel agents, you will need to contact them.
- You can make corrections to your flight ticket if there are any misspelled names or errors in the characters.
- Passengers have the option to change or remove their last name if they get married or divorced. If you find yourself in this situation, you will need to provide your marriage and divorce certificates to the carrier authorities.
- If you want to change your name because of a legal order, you need to give the operator valid legal proof and identification certificates. They will check them to make sure everything is in order.
- If a passenger wants to change the name on a single ticket within a group booking, they will need to separate the reservation and create a new booking reference number (PNR). Modifications will only be allowed at that time.
- You can change any part of your name, including your first, middle, and last name, with Norwegian Air.
- You may or may not be charged a fee to change your name, depending on your ticket fare and when you make the request.
- Passengers can change their names up until 30 minutes before their flight officially departs.
- You can make up to three corrections in the letters.
- There may be a fee for changing certain names.
What Are the Methods for Changing the Name With Norwegian Air?
This airline, which prioritizes customer satisfaction, provides two options for changing your name. The following things are included:
- Online Method
- Offline Method
Both of these options are very convenient for accessing the Norwegian Air change passenger name feature. All of these methods are both secure and fast. If you’re comfortable with technology and the internet, you can select the first option to change the names on your ticket. For those who like traditional methods, they can choose the second option. Therefore, it can be beneficial to understand the operating procedures of each of them.
Norwegian Air Name Change With Online Method
Using the online method is typically considered the simplest way to change the name on a ticket with Norwegian Air. To use this feature, all you need to do is go to the airline’s website and make the changes to your name there. You can use this site anytime, day or night, every day of the week. Customers from any part of the world can easily access the site. In addition, this option is better for long-distance or international flights because it is easy to use.
To change your name online, you need to go to the “Manage Booking” section on the webpage and fill out the required information. If you want to know how to change your name online, follow the steps below according to the Norwegian Air name change policy:
- To visit the official website of the airline, open your browser and enter the link “www.norwegian.com“.
- You will need to choose the language you prefer or feel comfortable with. You have the option to choose English or any other language you prefer.
- To find what you’re looking for, simply scroll all the way down to the bottom of the homepage. You can find a section called “Manage Your Booking” here. Please click on it.
- Click on the “Change Your Booking” button from the list of options given.
- Another page that has been redirected will be loaded. You have two options: sign in if you already have a profile, or go directly to the “I don’t have a profile” dialogue box.
- Please provide the necessary information such as your “Booking Reference” and “Last Name”. To find your booking, simply click on the red “Find Booking” option.
- You can now easily access your reservation. Please select the flight for which you would like to make changes to the passenger’s name.
- To find the option to change a passenger’s name on Norwegian Air, simply follow the directions displayed on the screen.
- Please ensure that all required name changes are made with caution. Next, simply pay the alteration fee that the airline has requested.
- Please double-check the details in the confirmation email you received after completing this process.
Norwegian Air Name Change With Offline Method
If you want to change your name quickly, the best way is to do it offline. Choosing this option will not only make the flyers more efficient, but it will also enhance their security. In this method, the airline agents themselves make the necessary changes. You can also change your name for the Norwegian Air frequent flyer program using the offline option. In addition to changing names, you can also make certain flight changes using this option.
- Visit the carrier’s official website.
- To locate the “Customer Service” tab, simply scroll down to the bottom of the page. Choose the “Help and Contact” option.
- You will now receive a list of questions that you can ask the authorities. To begin, choose the option labeled “Flight Bookings or General Enquiries.”
- To find the phone number for your specific region, contact the air agents.
- Please notify the officials that you would like to use the name change feature provided by
- Norwegian Air. Additionally, please state the reason for requesting the modification.
- Please provide the authorities with the necessary details they have requested, such as your personal information and flight details.
- Please use one of the available payment methods to pay the change fee.
- The airline agents will change your name.
What Are the Methods for Changing the Name With Norwegian Air?
As we mentioned before, there will be charges if you need to change or modify your name on this airline. The fee for changing your name with Norwegian Air depends on the type of changes you make and the type of fare you have. In most cases, the airline will fix small errors such as spelling mistakes at no cost.
- If you want to change your name on a Lowfare or Lowfare+ ticket, you will need to pay a fee of GBP 60 or USD 70.
- You can make changes to Flex fare tickets for free, without any charges.
- If you make a request by contacting the airline agents instead of using the online mode, there may be a service fee of 20 GBP or USD 24.
The policy for changing names with Norwegian Air is known for being straightforward and easy to understand. It offers options for passengers to change their names online or offline. It allows changes to be made for different reasons. Making these changes does not incur a high fee. The process for editing the name on the ticket is easy to follow. So, you don’t need to worry about changing or modifying your name with this airline provider.
Can I change my name on a Norwegian Air flight?
Passengers flying with Norwegian Air can change their names on their reservation tickets. You can make changes to names on a ticket to fix any spelling mistakes or add a last name if it is missing or incorrect. You can make legal changes for a passenger, but you need to provide specific documents. There are fees associated with changing your name.
Is It Possible to Change the Name on a Norwegian Air Ticket Online?
Passengers who have directly booked their tickets with the airline will be the only ones able to use the online name change option. This means that if you made a reservation through a travel agency, the agents who booked the reservation will need to make any changes to it. Additionally, this online method will only be accessible for specific locations.
What should I do if Norwegian Air forgets my middle name?
If the name on your passport matches the name on your ticket exactly, it’s not a problem if you didn’t include a middle name on your ticket. If your passport has a middle name but you didn’t include it when booking your ticket, you might need to change the name on your reservation.