When booking flight tickets on Malaysia Airlines, travelers may accidentally enter incorrect names or make spelling mistakes. In situations like these, it is very important to make corrections to the tickets. The Malaysia Airlines name change policy allows customers to easily change their names.
About Malaysia Airlines Name Change Policy
This policy is designed to make it easy for customers to understand how to make changes. It’s important to understand that this policy allows for some corrections, but it doesn’t allow for a complete change of name.
- Passengers are only able to fix any mistakes they make when entering their details.
- You can make minor changes to correct misspellings or fix errors in last and first names.
- You cannot change the full name of a passenger in order to transfer a ticket to someone else.
Rules and Regulations to Change Name on Malasiya Flight Ticket
In the Malaysia Airlines name book, there are rules about how to change the name. It shows us:
- How many characters in the name can be changed?
- Types of changes
- The right time to ask for something.
In its policy on name changes, Malaysia Airlines lists the following as some of the most important rules:
- You can only make changes to tickets that you booked directly with the airline.
- If you need to make changes to your reservations made through a travel agent, please contact your specific travel company.
- You can make corrections to the name by changing up to 3 characters.
- The passenger’s last name has 1 letter.
- The first name has 2 letters.
- If you need to make corrections that are longer than 3 characters, you will need to pay a fee after you have received your ticket.
- If you want to change more letters than allowed, there are restrictions.
- Changes can be made to the ticket before or after it is issued.
- However, there may be different rules for each of the two circumstances mentioned above.
- The airline might ask you to send a copy of your passport before starting the process.
- The airline’s representative uses this to confirm the identity of the flier.
- For easy and seamless check-in at the airport, you must know about Malaysia Airlines Check-In Policy.
If you provide incorrect personal details when flying, it can cause problems with verification. Therefore, boarding can be a problem. Sometimes, this can also lead to flight delays.
Methods for Name Correction
You can choose to correct using either the online or offline method, depending on what is most convenient for you. Both of these options make it easy to change your name.
To modify your name online, you will need to use the carrier’s website. You can choose this option when you are traveling internationally to handle your bookings. You can easily correct your name online from anywhere and at any time.
- Please open your internet browser.
- Visit the Malaysia Airlines website.
- The homepage of this site has a panel of tabs.
- To access the “Manage My Booking” section, navigate to this panel.
- Next, a new dialogue box will appear.
- To retrieve your booking, you need to provide your basic details.
- Please provide the carrier with the required information, which includes:
- Booking Number
- Last Name
- To complete the process, enter your details carefully and then click on the “Manage Booking” button.
- To continue, simply follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- You have the option to change your details according to Malaysia Airlines’ name correction policy.
- If any changes are needed, make them and then pay a fee, if necessary.
- The changes you made will now be completed.
The method described here is frequently used to correct names on Malaysia Airlines. It can be helpful to quickly select seats, and make upgrades, or add-ons using the correct name. It is easy to understand and very convenient for travelers.
Once you get in touch with the agents, you should:
- Inform them about the purpose of your phone call.
- Please let them know if there is any error in the name and ask them to correct it.
- You might need to provide specific information about your flight.
- These details can be:
- Ticket Number
- Booking Reference
- Full Name
- You can send a copy of your passport with the correct name on it.
- The details on your passport will be changed soon.
- To confirm the changes made to the ticket, please make sure to pay the necessary fees.
Name Change Fees and Charges
The cost of changing personal details on this airline can vary depending on different factors. It mostly depends on when your ticket is issued. Another factor to consider is the timing of the modification request. Airlines often charge low prices to make things easier for customers.
The Malaysia Airlines name change policy includes information about the fees for making changes.
- You can change the passenger’s name on the ticket at no cost.
- If you want to fix three letters in your name:
- You have the option to do it without any cost.
- This can only be allowed before the ticket is officially issued.
- Once the ticket is given, passengers will need to pay approximately MYR 50 or USD 11.
- You are being charged for changing 3 characters.
- You can make corrections of more than 3 letters for free before the ticket is issued.
- After the ticket is issued, the cost can be either MYR 150 or USD 34, in addition to ST.
On Malaysia Airlines, how many letters can I correct in my name?
According to the airline’s name change rules, you can only correct up to 3 characters in your name. The Malaysia Airlines’ last name has 1 letter and the first name has 2 letters. However, you will also be allowed to change more than 3 characters, but there are certain conditions that apply.
Which personal information is required for Malaysia Airlines flights?
When you make a reservation with this airline, you will be asked to provide various personal details. Some of the information required includes the person’s first name, last name, Malaysia Airlines, passport, and date of birth. If you are asked for any additional information, please make sure to provide it when making your reservation. When providing information to the airline, please include the names of the arrival and departure destinations.