If a passenger’s name is incorrect on their ticket, they may experience difficulties or problems. It’s comforting to know that most airlines have a policy for correcting or changing names. Fortunately, Cathay Pacific is one of those airlines!
The main airline of Hong Kong has a methodical approach to helping customers with correcting their names efficiently. This blog explains Cathay Pacific’s policy for changing or correcting names, which can be helpful during difficult situations.
Some Facts about Cathay Pacific
- Cathay Pacific is a well-known company that offers services in the aviation industry in Hong Kong.
- The base station at Hong Kong International Airport was established in 1946.
- Additionally, the airline uses its resources efficiently to provide services to customers in over 60 countries around the world.
- It connects to more than 190 destinations, allowing passengers to travel to various places around the world.
- The organisation has more than 150 air planes (made by Boeing and Airbus) to make sure visitors have high-quality travel options.
- In addition, Cathay Pacific has been a member of the One world Alliance since February 1999.
- Cathay Pacific is the 14th largest airline in terms of market value and the 5th largest in terms of sales.
- In case you want to change flight with Cathay pacific than you can do this, But before doing this you must be aware about Cathay Pacific Flight Change Policy.
About Cathay Pacific Name Correction Policy
Did you make a reservation for a flight with Cathay Pacific? Are you experiencing an issue with the name on your ticket being incorrect? Try not to feel overwhelmed or anxious! The airline won’t treat you like a villain, but they will give you the necessary things in the correct way. It can be a problem if the wrong name is printed on your Cathay Pacific ticket. However, you can eliminate the stress by gaining the right knowledge and confidence. You should know about the airline’s updated name change policy to avoid any unnecessary problems.
The aviation company in Hong Kong creates and approves travel guidelines and rules that prioritise the preferences and needs of their customers. The Cathay Pacific name change policy is a helpful tool for people who need to change their name. According to the policy, Cathay Pacific visitors have the option to request a correction to their name under various circumstances.
To gain a better understanding, it makes sense to scan different important parts of the policy.
- Cathay Pacific allows users to make necessary corrections or changes to their names.
- The airline will accept requests to change a name, but only if it is for up to three characters.
- You are not allowed to change the full name on a Cathay Pacific ticket.
- Additionally, visitors have the option to add or remove characters in the title, first, middle, or last name.
- Cathay Pacific allows visitors to easily change their name if it has been changed due to marriage, divorce, or other reasons.
- You need to include a document (such as a marriage or divorce certificate) with your application to support your request.
- Additionally, passengers who are worried can choose to go to the “Manage Booking” section on the website or use other methods outside of the internet to start the request.
- In certain situations, you may need to pay a fee to correct the name on your Cathay Pacific ticket.
- Just a reminder, if you got your ticket from a third-party agent, you can’t change the name of the passenger on it.
Ways to Change Name on Cathay Pacific Flight Ticket
The airline has a policy for correcting names, which means visitors have different ways to fix their names. You have the option to use either online or offline platforms for maximum flexibility and support. Please continue to participate in the discussion so that we can thoroughly analyse the topic.
- Go to the website cathaypacific.com.
- Please complete the login process by using the username and password that were given to you.
- Go to the ‘Manage Booking’ tab.
- Please provide your last name and the unique booking number to proceed.
- On the next page, you will see a list of all the bookings.
- Please choose the booking you would like to change.
- In the future, you can use suitable options and tools to make any necessary changes to the name.
- If necessary, you can also include a legal document to support your request.
- Before you complete the process, ensure that you pay the service fee if you are eligible.
- Finally, Cathay Pacific will send a confirmation email to the email address you provided during registration.
If you want to focus on offline environments, you have the following options:
- Airport Ticket Counter
- Customer Help-desk Number
What is the Cost of Name Correction for Cathay Pacific?
The cost of changing your name with Cathay Pacific can vary depending on different factors. To be able to make changes to your name and enjoy additional benefits, it is important for visitors to buy tickets only from authorised platforms.
Passengers are required to pay a service fee that can be anywhere from US$30 to US$60. The price can change depending on factors like when you request, where you’re going, the type of fare, and other things.
What is Cathay Pacific’s policy for correcting names on flight tickets?
Cathay Pacific allows changes for up to three characters, and additional modifications for titles, first, middle, or last names. Supporting documents may be required for changes due to marriage or divorce.
How can I initiate a name correction for my Cathay Pacific ticket?
Visit the “Manage Booking” section on cathaypacific.com, enter your details, select the booking, and use the online tools. Offline options include the Airport Ticket Counter or Customer Help-desk Number.
Is there a fee for correcting the name on a Cathay Pacific ticket?
Yes, passengers may need to pay a service fee ranging from US$30 to US$60, depending on factors like timing, destination, and fare type.
Can I change the name on a Cathay Pacific ticket purchased through a third-party agent?
No, name changes are not allowed for tickets purchased through third-party agents.
What are the offline options for changing the name on a Cathay Pacific ticket?
Passengers can use the Airport Ticket Counter or call the Customer Help-desk Number for offline name corrections.