Name corrections and changes are generally not permitted on British Airways (BA) flights. However, in exceptional circumstances, changes of up to three letters in a name and passport/marriage changes are permitted via the call centers for a fee.
In order to request a name change, passengers must contact the airline’s call center and provide supporting documentation, such as a passport or marriage certificate. The fee for a name change is £45.
If you booked your flight through a travel agent, you may be able to make a name change through them. However, the agent may charge a fee for this service.
It is important to note that name changes are not always permitted, even if you meet the conditions listed above. The airline will decide whether or not to approve a name change on a case-by-case basis.
If you are unsure whether or not you will be able to make a name change, it is best to contact the airline directly.
About British Airways
British Airways is the flag carrier airline of the United Kingdom. It is a member of the Oneworld alliance and operates a fleet of over 300 aircraft. BA is known for its excellent service and has won numerous awards. The airline is a popular choice for travelers due to its extensive network of routes, modern fleet of aircraft, award-winning service, comfortable cabins, and frequent flyer program.
Methods for British Airways Name Change
British Airways allows name changes on its flights under certain conditions and for specific reasons. Here are the methods for requesting a name change on a British Airways booking:
Online: You can request a name change online through the Manage My Booking section on the British Airways website. However, this option is only available for minor name corrections of up to three characters.
Phone: For more substantial name changes or those requiring supporting documentation, you’ll need to contact British Airways customer service by phone.
Travel Agent: If you booked your British Airways flight through a travel agent, you can contact them directly to request a name change. They may charge a fee for this service.
Some Conditions for Name Changes
- Name corrections of up to three characters can be made free of charge within 24 hours of booking.
- Name changes due to marriage, divorce, or legal name changes require supporting documentation and incur a fee of £45 (approximately $55 USD).
- Name changes are not permitted for tickets issued less than 24 hours before departure.
- Name changes are not permitted for tickets issued on partner airlines.
- You may also read the British Airways Flight Change Policy
- Name changes should be made as early as possible to avoid any additional fees or issues.
- The airline reserves the right to deny name change requests based on their assessment of the situation.
- Passengers are advised to carefully review the terms and conditions of their ticket before requesting a name change.
In summary, British Airways maintains a strict policy on name corrections, permitting changes of up to three letters or for passport/marriage reasons, with a £45 fee. Passengers can request changes through the call center, online for minor corrections, or via their travel agent, who may charge an additional fee. However, approval is case-dependent, and certain conditions apply, including a 24-hour window for free minor corrections and the need for supporting documentation for major changes. Passengers are advised to review ticket terms and act promptly to avoid complications.