Air France has a name change policy that allows passengers to correct mistakes on their tickets or update their names during their trips. This policy provides peace of mind to passengers. The process is easy and there is only a small fee.
In this post, we will discuss the guidelines for name corrections. We will cover the types of requests you can make when changing your name, how to request a name correction, and more.
Name Change Policy Rules
According to Air France’s name change policy, you can change your first name, last name, middle name, or any combination of them. This process is for cases where the passenger changes their name legally. Also,
- Unless there are legal reasons, the airline does not allow you to change the name on a ticket to give it to someone else. Flight tickets cannot be transferred to another person.
- To change the ownership of a ticket, passengers must first request the cancellation of their flight. After that, they can book a new flight with the details of the new passenger. If you want to learn about the rules for canceling a booking, you can find the information in the Air France cancellation policy.
- When making reservations and buying tickets, it is important to use the passenger’s full first and last names exactly as they appear in their passport.
- You don’t have to include your middle names or titles when you travel within Europe. However, if you do include them on your ticket, they must be in the same order as they appear on your photo ID.
- You need to submit your request at least 24 hours before your flight departure time for flights within Europe and other international destinations.
- If you need to fix a small mistake in a misspelled name, such as changing “Phillips” to “Philip,” you will only be charged a fee for correcting the name.
- If you want to change your name because of marriage or divorce, you will need to provide some documents to support your request. The documents that provide support are:
- Marriage certificates
- Divorce decree
- Court Order
- Legal affidavit for the name change
- Any changes other than the name, such as date of birth, title, and gender, will not be taken into account during the name change process.
- The airline does not allow you to change or correct the name for the codeshare agreement flights.
- You cannot change or correct your name after you have checked in. To learn about the check-in requirements, please refer to the Air France check-in policy.
Name Change Requests
According to Air France’s stance on name changes, the following changes are allowed:
First and Middle Name:
You can change the passenger’s first and middle names to match what’s on their passport, but you can’t change their original last name or date of birth.
The ticket would be reissued in the same class of service or a better class if space was available. There may be an Air France name change fee and a difference in the fare. Calling Air France to change their name and phone number is the way to make this request.
Last Name Correction:
Only up to three characters can be changed to make the last name match the one on the passport or government-issued picture ID.
You can ask Air France to change the name through the “Manage Booking” area. Along with the change in fare, a name correction fee will be charged. If you had to change more than 3 letters, Air France’s policy says that it would be considered a change.
Addition in Last Name:
You can add another last name to match what is on the passenger’s passport, but you can’t change the original last name. There will only be a fee for changing the name.
Methods to Name Change
To fix a typo in the first or last name, passengers need to go to the airline’s website and look at their trip reservation. For legal reasons, they need to call the airline’s customer service number.
To change your name, go to the airline’s manage booking section and make a request. You may have to pay a change fee and the difference in fare. To request a name correction online, simply follow these steps:
- Go to airfrance.fr and find the My Booking section.
- Please enter the reservation PNR and the passenger’s last name in the appropriate field.
- Please choose the name of the passenger that needs to be corrected.
- To input the correct name, click on the ‘Correct passenger’s name’ tab and enter the accurate name in the designated field.
- Once you finish the payment process, the airline will send you a confirmation email that includes the updated name of the passenger.
Passengers can also request a name correction over the phone. You can also call the Air France customer service phone number to request a legal name change for reasons like marriage or divorce. You will need to pay a fee to change your name, in addition to any difference in fare.
Air France Name Change Fee and Cost
According to Air France’s name change policy, they charge two separate fees: one for correcting a name and another for changing a name. The fee changes depending on the service class and the type of fare.
|Ares||Economy Basic||Economy Opti||Economy Flexi||Biz Saver||Biz||Biz Plus|
|Name Change Fee (in USD)||Not Available||Not Available||200||150||100||55|
|Name Correction Fee (in USD)||Not Available||Not Available||150||100||75||Free|
I hope you found this post helpful. To change your name with Air France, you can simply modify your middle name and legal name. You can change the spelling of a first or last name if you do it at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure.
Let’s say your legal name is John Michaels and your middle name is Edward. If you want to change your name to just “Michael,” you can make this request without any restrictions. Once you make a small change to your passport, you can take advantage of Air France’s policy regarding name changes.