The TAP Air Portugal unaccompanied minor service helps children and teens who are traveling alone in every way. From check-in to immigration and security checks, the company is there to help and keep you safe.
Find out how young people can fly with TAP Portugal. Find out all the rules, the service fee, and the different ways to book, and choose the one that works best for you.
Conditions to Avail of Unaccompanied Minor Service
Under TAP Air Portugal’s rules, kids under 18 can only take connecting trips that go through Lisbon or Porto. For children who are traveling alone, the airline does not let them connect to trips on other airlines. Besides that:
- Children under the age of five who are not accompanied by an adult are not allowed.
- Children under 5 years old must always be with an adult who can take care of them throughout the entire journey, including check-in, crossing borders, and going through customs.
- Children aged 2 to 4 must be with someone aged 12 to 15. Both the TAP Portugal unaccompanied minor service procedures must be followed.
- To travel with a child between the ages of 5 and 11, a passenger needs to be at least 16 years old. They also need to declare themselves as the child’s travel partner for the entire trip. The adult is responsible for checking in, handling baggage, going through immigration, and meeting other boarding requirements.
- TAP Portugal offers a service for minors traveling alone, which is available for children between the ages of 5 and 11.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 17 who are traveling alone can choose to use this service if their parents or legal guardians ask for it.
- We do not accept waitlist reservations.
- If a child is traveling alone in a different cabin class than their parents or guardians, they would be considered as “unaccompanied” travelers.
- When you register for the unaccompanied minor service, the airline needs to give you the names and contact information (phone number and address) of the individuals who will be bringing your child to the airport and picking them up upon arrival.
Documents Req for Unaccompanied Service
You can book a travel for an unaccompanied minor with TAP Portugal in three different ways. The minor travel rule only applies to children who are between the ages of 5 and 11.
Once you have entered the child’s passenger details and are ready to check out, you will be asked if the child will be accompanied by an adult or not. If you don’t meet the requirements, the TAP Portugal unaccompanied minor fee will be added to the ticket price. Once your reservation is confirmed, the airline will send the unaccompanied minor information in the booking confirmation email.
At the Airport and Over the Phone
If you’re booking your child’s travel at the airport or through TAP Portugal Customer Service, make sure to inform the airline representative that your child will be traveling alone. You must also provide proof of the child’s age.
Once your reservation is finished, you will be asked to fill out the unaccompanied minor form, provide the necessary travel documents, and pay the required fee.
After you finish booking the flight for an unaccompanied minor, you will need to give the booking reference number or e-ticket number to the person who will be meeting the child at the destination airport.
Unaccompanied Minor Service Fees and Charges
When booking flights for children traveling alone on TAP Portugal, there are specific fees that will be applied.
Just a reminder – the fee mentioned below will be charged for each passenger for each leg of the journey.
|Direct flight||With connecting flight|
|Domestic flights||77 USD||77 USD|
|Europe, Morocco, Tunisia, and flights between Accra and São Tomé||112 USD||112 USD|
|Intercontinental flights||165 USD||165 USD|
|To/from the Dominican Republic||191 USD||191 USD|
1: Who is eligible for TAP’s Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Children and teens traveling alone can use the service. Age restrictions apply.
2: How to book the service?
Book online, at the airport, or over the phone for children aged 5-11.
3: What are the fees?
Fees vary by flight type, as shown in the chart.
4: Can children connect to other airlines?
No, they must follow TAP’s rules for unaccompanied minors.
5: What documents are needed?
Provide passenger details and proof of age during booking.