Porter Airlines provides a service called unaccompanied minor service (UM service) for children between the ages of 8 and 17 who are traveling without a guardian.
The service is only available on flights that do not make any stops. You cannot book unaccompanied minor services online.
- Children who are younger than 8 years old need to have an adult who is 16 years old or older with them when they travel.
- The adult must sit next to the child.
- Children aged 8 to 11 who are not with an adult passenger 16 years or older must use the unaccompanied minor service.
- You can choose to buy the unaccompanied minor service, but it’s not required for young travelers aged 12 to 17 who are traveling alone.
On linking flights, through flights (flights with a stopover), and interline flights, there is no service for unaccompanied minors.
Unaccompanied Minor Service Fees
No matter what kind of fare you have, there is a service fee of $100 CAD/USD (plus tax) per child, per way.
- Porter can take up to four children who are not with an adult on each flight. Porter Airlines strongly suggests that you book the service when you book your flight.
- When the weather is bad or there is a strike, help for unaccompanied minors will not be available.
- Pets can’t travel with children who aren’t with an adult.
- Call Porter Airlines’ customer service department.
In summary, Porter Airlines provides an Unaccompanied Minor Service for children aged 8 to 17 traveling without a guardian. This service is available only on non-stop flights, and there is a $100 CAD/USD fee per child, per way. Children under 8 need an adult companion, and those aged 8 to 11 must use the service. Kids aged 12 to 17 can travel alone without it. The service isn’t available on flights with stops or during adverse conditions. For more details, contact Porter Airlines’ customer service.