Do your children travel alone? No need to worry! Iberia’s policy for unaccompanied minors is designed to keep them safe and well-cared for throughout their entire journey, starting from when the airline picks them up at the departure airport until they reach their final destination. No matter if your child is by themselves or with a few other kids, they will always be supervised by the airline’s staff.
Furthermore, if the children need to switch to another Iberia flight, the airline will ensure their well-being. The airline will support and communicate with the parents or legal guardians if any unexpected situations occur.
Iberia Airlines will take your child to a special area for kids while they wait for their next flight. They can have fun playing computer games, watching movies for kids, using the restroom, and using WiFi as much as they want.
You can see all the details about Iberia Airlines’ service for unaccompanied minors by clicking on this link. If there are only a few seats available, you will need to book the unaccompanied minor service ahead of time.
About Iberia Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service
Age Between 5 and 11
You must register for the service if your child is traveling alone or in a cabin apart from you. A child is considered to be traveling alone if they are not with someone who is 16 years of age or older. In addition
- Onboard flights operated by Iberia, Iberia Express, and Iberia Regional Air Nostrum, the service is accessible.
- On British Airways and Iberia on LEVEL flights, all minors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult who is 16 or older.
Age Between 12 and 17
According to Iberia’s unaccompanied minor policy, youngsters between the ages of 12 and 17 may choose to use this service; it is not required. In addition
- If your child is flying alone, airline service workers will be with them from the point of departure to the point of arrival, including throughout transit if there are any layovers.
- Minors under the age of 14 must use the service on flights to and from Italy.
- The airline will not accept bookings or tickets from unaccompanied minors if their trip involves flights on another airline, including codeshare flights, and they request this service.
Methods to Book Iberia Minor Traveling Service
After making the reservation for your child, you must contact Iberia Airlines to pay the unaccompanied minor cost.
Over the Phone
Up to 48 hours before the departure time, you can make a reservation for the service. Similarly to this, you may sign up for the unaccompanied minor service for flights on Monday morning up to Friday evenings.
Calling Iberia customer care is required to make the flight reservation on behalf of parents or legal guardians.
At the Airport
You can arrive at the airport on the day of departure up to 150 minutes before the planned departure if you are unable to add the unaccompanied minor service for up to 48 hours. Parents must make sure they have all the necessary paperwork with them.
Sometimes you want to leave your dog at home. If you want to travel with your pet, you must adhere to the Iberia Airlines Pet Policy.
How Does Iberia’s Unaccompanied Minor Service Work?
Here is a simple guide on how to use Iberia Airlines’ unaccompanied minor service, from purchasing the ticket to reaching the final destination.
You have two options for buying a ticket for a child under 12: you can do it online or by calling Iberia customer service.
Book and Pay Fees
If you book the service when you book your flight, the fee will be included in the cost of your ticket. If you choose to cancel the minor’s travel, the airline will keep the fee until you reschedule the flight for a later date.
Unaccompanied Minor Form
If you are a minor traveling alone with Iberia Airlines, you must fill out the Release of Liability form. It is required. Parents or legal guardians should plan to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure time. Here are the details that are needed:
- The names on the form should be the same as the people who will be picking up the child when they arrive at the airport and taking care of them when they leave.
- Both parents at both ends must have a valid form of identification.
- Please provide the name, address, and phone number of the person who will be meeting the unaccompanied minor at the destination airport.
Identification Req for Minor
Children who are younger than 14 don’t have to bring any identification when they travel within the country. However, it would be helpful for them to have some form of identification to confirm who they are.
International flights do not have a specific requirement for children. However, it is necessary for all children, regardless of their age or whether they are accompanied by an adult or not, to carry their national ID card or passport. Children who are traveling alone and going outside of Spain need to fulfill the travel requirements of the country they are going to.
Iberia Airlines Manage My Booking tool makes it easy to plan your trip. This easy-to-use tool puts you in charge, whether you need to change your schedule, switch routes, or update your personal information. You can easily change your trip plans through the official website, which gives you access to your booking. Iberia Airlines makes flying easy and gives you options.
Airport Arrival Time
When it’s time for your flight, take your child to the check-in desk at the airport. Parents and children traveling alone need to arrive at the airport up to 3 hours before the flight. In this situation, the staff can review and process all the paperwork during the check-in process. Iberia Airlines does not allow children traveling alone to use mobile or online check-in.
Iberia will give the child a waist pouch that has all the important documents they need, like their ticket, passport, and unaccompanied minor form. You should always keep these documents easily accessible until the child reaches the destination.
Minor Arrival at the Destination
When they get there, the child will be the last to get off. They will be led to the person who is allowed to pick them up. The parents must show a legal photo ID when they pick up the child at the airport. After their information is checked, they must sign the permission form agreeing to take care of the child. Besides that:
- The company will get the child’s checked bags from the area where people get their bags.
- If the kids have a connection in Madrid, the Iberia unaccompanied minor service staff will pick them up and take them to the Iberia business area at the airport.
- The flight worker will take care of the child until it’s time to get on the next plane.
Documents Req for Unaccompanied Minor Service
If the child is going alone or with someone who is not their parent:
For Domestic Flight:
Children under 14 who don’t have a passport or national ID card may have to show one of the following:
- A paper with the minor’s name, address, and picture that has been signed by a notary public.
- Formal permission papers that a police officer gave. The child’s father, mother, or guardian must show up in person to get the letter on the child’s behalf during the trip.
For International Flight:
All children must meet the requirements of the country they are going to. Iberia Airlines’ rules for unaccompanied minors say that they must have a ticket with them. Besides that:
- If the child doesn’t have a passport, the parents or guardians must show another form of identification.
- Under Spanish law, the legal guardians of foreign children living in Spain must go to the consulate to fill out the necessary paperwork.
Unaccompanied Minor Fee and Charges
According to Iberia’s policy for alone minors, the following is the cost for the service:
|Travel Route||Domestic flights (without the Canary Islands)||Europe, Canary Islands, Middle East||America, South Africa and Asia|
|Unaccompanied minor fee (in USD)||55||85||145|
|Travel Route||National Connection (without the Canary Islands)||National/Canary Islands/Europe connection,||National/Long radio connection|
|Unaccompanied minor fee (in USD)||85||120||180|
Note: When you book the service, please keep in mind that the exchange rates change. There may also be extra fees, taxes, or fines, depending on the rules in each country.
Does Iberia Allow Minors to Travel?
Yes, according to the Iberia unaccompanied minor policy, children aged 5 to 12 can fly alone.
How Much Does Iberia Charge for Their Unaccompanied Minor Service?
If you’re traveling alone as a minor within Spain, Europe, or the Middle East, Iberia Airlines will charge you a fee of 85 USD. The fee for unaccompanied minors traveling on flights to and from Asia, South Africa, and North America is 145 USD.
Do I Need a Consent Form to Fly With Iberia by Myself?
Yes, unaccompanied children must show a passport, birth certificate, or other government-issued photo ID along with an attested copy of the permission form. Iberia Airlines requires all single children to have a passport if they want to journey outside of Europe.
Can I Change My Flight in Case of Emergency?
According to Iberia Airlines Flight Change Policy,you can change flight in case of some emergancy.