American Airlines is a great choice for unaccompanied minors. They offer fantastic flight services at affordable prices for unaccompanied minors. The Unaccompanied Minor Policy of American Airlines is considered one of their top services. Parents often feel anxious when sending their children on a flight alone. However, American Airlines takes great care to ensure the safety and comfort of your child. American Airlines offers a great service for children under 18 years old who want to travel alone without a guardian.
American Airlines offers several services for passengers, including priority boarding, an introduction to the flight attendant before boarding, and assistance for unaccompanied minors until they are handed over to their guardians at the destination airport.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy Rules
The terms and conditions for American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor provide a clear set of rules and regulations to help parents send their children on solo trips. Before booking an American Airlines flight for your unaccompanied minor, please review the following guidelines:
- The age range for American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor is 5 to 14 years old. Children between the ages of 14 and 18 can also travel alone and enjoy the benefits of being unaccompanied minors.
- Only non-stop flights are allowed for children’s travel.
- Children who are traveling alone are not permitted to take overnight flights on American Airlines.
- If your child is flying alone on American Airlines, they should check in 2 hours before the flight for domestic flights and at least 3 hours before for international flights.
- Children aged 15 to 17 can travel on connecting flights with American Airlines.
- Parents must sign the American Airlines unaccompanied minor travel consent form if their children are traveling alone.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Age
American Airlines has age restrictions for unaccompanied minors who are traveling alone. American Airlines does not allow children under 5 years old to travel alone unless they are accompanied by someone who is 16 years old or older. Children aged 5 to 17 can take advantage of the American Airlines unaccompanied minor age travel benefits. Children between the ages of 15 and 17 have the choice to travel alone on American Airlines.
American Airlines Age Restrictions For Children Traveling Alone
- American Airlines does not allow children under the age of 5 to fly alone. If children under 5 want to fly without their parents, they must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 16 years old.
- The American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor service is required for children aged 5 to 14 years.
- Children between the ages of 15 and 17 have the choice to use this service if they want to.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor International Travel
Unaccompanied Children between the ages of 5 and 14 can travel internationally on American Airlines without any layovers. Children between the ages of 15 and 17 who are traveling alone can take connecting flights with American Airlines. These flights connect through various cities such as Charlotte, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Washington Reagan, Philadelphia, New York, Miami, Chicago, and Phoenix.
Unaccompanied Minor Fee On American Airlines
If two or more children from the same family are traveling alone on American Airlines, they will need to pay a fee for unaccompanied minors. This fee only needs to be paid once. The fee for children traveling alone without parents on American Airlines, known as the Unaccompanied Minor Fee, varies depending on the travel route.
How To Book Unaccompanied Minor on American Airlines?
Booking an unaccompanied minor with American Airlines is a straightforward process that can be done in three ways: online, over the phone, or at the airport kiosk.
Online Unaccompanied Minor Booking
- To get started, you can either visit the official website of American Airlines or use their mobile app.
- Next, choose the starting point and destination for your flight, along with the dates of travel.
- Next, choose a flight that is appropriate for your needs and then provide all the necessary information for each passenger.
- Next, simply pay the fees and you will receive the AA Airlines unaccompanied minor form via email for you to fill out.
- To connect with American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Flight booking
- Next, you will contact a real customer service representative.
- Please ask him to make a booking for your children who will be traveling alone.
- The executive will complete a form for you and ask you to make a payment to finalize the booking.
At The Airport
Millennials are not interested in online or virtual methods. They like to do everything themselves because it’s more reliable. The traditional way to book flight tickets for American Airlines at the airport is a good option if you want a better and more satisfying travel experience for your child. To book your unaccompanied minor travel with American Airlines, simply contact their helpdesk at the airport. Make sure to provide all the required information and pay the necessary fees.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Phone Number
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Service Minor customer care can assist you with booking, changing, or canceling your flight quickly and easily. In addition, you can also enjoy other flexible and comfortable benefits of American Air Unaccompanied Minor services.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Services
American Airlines offers a service for unaccompanied minors to ensure their safety. This service includes introducing the child to the flight attendant, allowing them to board the aircraft early, providing an escort during the flight, and staying with the child until a designated adult arrives to pick them up. The adult’s name should be mentioned on the American Airlines unaccompanied minor form. Here are the services provided for your child when they are traveling alone.
Children traveling alone on American Airlines flights are allowed to have priority boarding. Children can choose their seats and be more comfortable by boarding the plane before others. They have the opportunity to meet the flight attendant and feel at ease.
Parents or guardians must stay with their children until they have completed the check-in process for an American flight. The American Airlines flight attendant will stay with the child during the flight and afterward. American Airlines has a specific weight limit for the baggage that children are allowed to carry. To ensure your child has a smooth and stress-free travel experience, make sure you have a copy of American Airlines’s unaccompanied minor policy.
American Airlines has lounges specifically designed for kids. These lounges are available at connecting airports in different city hubs. They provide a relaxing space for your child to enjoy while waiting for their next flight. If your child is flying alone, they can wait at the connecting airport and have fun playing games and relaxing. They will be supervised by an executive from American Airlines Business partner personnel. They will help your child walk around the airport. Here is a list of international airports that have kids lounges for American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Miami, FL (MIA), Chicago, IL (ORD), and many more.
Restrictions For International or Connecting Flights
- Children between the ages of 8 and 14 can travel alone on long flights, flights without layovers, and flights with layovers.
- They cannot travel on the last flight of the day.
- You can travel on flights operated by American Airlines partners and Oneworld Airlines.
What Is The Unaccompanied Minor American Airlines Service Cost?
The cost of a one-way trip is $150. If you’re traveling as an unaccompanied minor with AA, the fees for a round trip would be $300. The fee for unaccompanied minors on American Airlines can vary based on different factors. Children from the same family, whether there are two or more, can fly together on American Airlines for one fee.
How Can I Book An American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Flight?
Do you want to know how to book an Unaccompanied Minors flight with American Airlines? Booking a flight ticket with American Airlines is a straightforward and hassle-free process. To easily access American Airlines’ official website, simply visit their website.
What Is The Pick-Up And Drop-Off Policy For Unaccompanied Minors On American Airlines?
American Airlines requires unaccompanied minors to participate in a mandatory activity. This activity is designed to ensure their safety, provide a comfortable journey, and give parents peace of mind. A guardian or adult can accompany their minors to the airport until the check-in process. In addition, they need to bring valid documents to make it easy to check in, drop off, and pick up minors at the airport.