Allegiant doesn’t provide services for kids under 15 who are traveling alone. Kids can fly on Allegiant, but there are rules they have to follow.
Children Less Than 24 Months:
- You need to have a companion who is at least 15 years old when you travel.
- Children can travel for free if they sit on a fare-paying adult’s lap.
- If you secure an FAA-approved car seat on a paid seat.
- You need a birth certificate or another form of valid identification that shows your date of birth.
Children Between 2 to 14 Years Old:
- You need to have a passenger with you who is at least 15 years old.
- You must have your own seat while traveling.
- You are not allowed to sit in the exit row according to FAA safety rules.
- If the item is 40 lbs or less, there will be extra rules to follow. It’s best to have a birth certificate or
- another form of ID that shows your birth date.
Children Between 15 to 17 Years Old:
- You must have your own seat while traveling.
- A mayfly can fly alone, but only if the flight doesn’t have a weather warning.
- It’s best to have a birth certificate or another form of valid identification that shows your date of birth.
How do You book a Flight for Children on Allegiant Flights?
Allegiant considers passengers under 14 years old on the travel date as children. Children under 14 years old need to travel with someone who is at least 15 years old and is on the same flight reservation. You can make flight reservations in the usual way, either by phone or through an online/mobile app.
You have 2 choices for booking a flight for children under 2 years old.
- You can travel with a baby on your lap while sitting with an adult, or
- You can buy a ticket for the baby and bring an FAA-approved car seat to use on your own seat.
When you book online, you’ll need to select your travel preference (such as adult or child) by entering your child’s date of birth. If your child is traveling in their own seat, you need to use a car seat that is approved by the FAA. Make sure to bring your child’s birth certificate or age-proof document.
If you’re under 18 and traveling alone, you need to show proof of your age with a birth certificate or a government-issued photo ID. If not, they might not be allowed to board.
People who don’t have a government-issued ID might need to go through extra security checks.
Flight Cancellations Due to Weather Advisories
If there’s a weather advisory, Allegiant doesn’t let kids under 18 travel alone. But if they’re with an adult who’s on the same booking, they can go. If a child is traveling alone and their flight is canceled because of bad weather, contact Allegiant Customer Care for help.
Seat Reservations for Children
If you don’t book your seats in advance, you might get split up from your group. To make sure you stay with your group, reserve your seats ahead of time. You can do this by using Manage Booking, checking in online, or using the mobile app.
Children are not allowed to sit in exit row seats and only one infant can sit on a lap per row. This is to make sure there are enough oxygen masks for everyone. Kids who are in car seats need to sit by the window. They can’t sit in aisle seats, seats between a passenger and the aisle, or seats in rows right behind or in front of an exit row.
Child Restraint Systems
According to FAA recommendations, if your child weighs less than 40lb, they should use either an FAA-approved car seat or a harness-type device.
Car seats or child restraint systems that are approved must:
- Look for the FMVSS.213 symbol or a statement that says they are approved for use in aircraft or comply with federal motor vehicle safety standards.
- The FAA has only approved the AmSafe Aviation CARES harness-type device. Children weighing between 22-44 pounds can use it, but it must have an FAA label. This is approved for use in aircraft only, in accordance with 14 CFR 21.305(d).
How to Check-In Car Seat?
- Children who are traveling alone can bring their car seats to check in as baggage and receive the same compensation as regular baggage.
- Also, the airport staff inspects the car seat at the boarding area. They collect the luggage at the gate area when they reach their final destination.
Allegiant Air Has Guidelines for Child Restraint and Stroller Devices
- During flight check-in, flyers can check strollers as checked baggage.
- You don’t have to pay any fee for checking in a stroller.
- The team will put the strollers that were gate-checked in the cargo. They will also give the same thing to the passenger when they arrive at the final destination.
- The Federal Aviation Administration recommends that children who weigh less than 40 pounds or are infants should use an FAA-approved car seat.
- The FAA no longer allows the use of backless booster seats, vest harnesses, or safety belt attachments that are connected to an adult.
What is the Age Limit for Children Traveling Alone on Allegiant Air?
Allegiant Air doesn’t offer services for children under 15 who are traveling alone.
What Are the Requirements for Children Under 24 Months Old Traveling on Allegiant Air?
Kids who are less than 2 years old can travel for free if they sit on an adult’s lap who has paid for their seat. Alternatively, they can sit on a paid seat if they use a car seat approved by the FAA. You need to bring either a birth certificate or a valid ID that shows the child’s date of birth.
What Are the Rules for Children Between 2 and 14 Years Old Traveling on Allegiant Air?
Kids aged 2 to 14 years old need to be with someone who is at least 15 years old when traveling. When traveling, they need to have their own seat and cannot sit in the exit row. If the item belonging to the child weighs 40 pounds or less, there may be some extra rules to follow. It’s important to have a document like a birth certificate or ID that displays the child’s date of birth.
Can Children Between 15 and 17 Years Old Travel Alone on Allegiant Air?
Kids aged 15 to 17 can travel alone, but there might be some limitations due to weather warnings. It’s best to have a birth certificate or ID that shows the child’s date of birth.
How Do You Book a Flight for Children on Allegiant Air?
If you’re under 14 years old, you need to travel with someone who’s at least 15 years old and has a flight reservation on the same flight as you. To book a flight, you can use regular methods like calling or using an online/mobile app. There are different options available for children depending on their age. These include traveling on an adult’s lap or buying a separate ticket and using an FAA-approved car seat.