Passengers can easily cancel their flights using JetBlue’s cancellation policy. JetBlue has made flight cancellations easier and more affordable. Now, you can quickly access information about the cancellation penalty. You can easily cancel both domestic and international flights with JetBlue using the instant cancellation option. Here are the key points to know about JetBlue’s flight cancellation policy.
JetBlue Refundable Tickets– If you bought your JetBlue flight directly from the airline and it’s a refundable or non-restricted fare, you can cancel it online and get a refund.
JetBlue non-refundable Tickets– According to JetBlue’s cancellation policy, if you cancel a non-refundable ticket, you can only receive a refund for the taxes.
Cancel JetBlue Flight for Credit– If you request a refund for a canceled flight and choose to receive future travel credit, that credit will be valid for one year from the date of flight cancellation.
JetBlue Flight Refund– When you request a refund from JetBlue, the money will be returned to the same payment method you used to buy the ticket. This could be a debit or credit card.
JetBlue Cancel Flight Fee– Cancellation charges will apply to both restricted and non-restricted fares on JetBlue, regardless of the fare type or service class chosen.
JetBlue 24-Hour Cancellation– If you buy a flight ticket that starts and ends in the USA, you can cancel it within 24 hours. The JetBlue cancellation fee waiver will apply if you made the reservation at least one week before the scheduled departure.
JetBlue Cancel Anytime Travel Protection– If a passenger is too sick to fly according to a doctor’s recommendation, or needs to be hospitalized, or is involved in a traffic accident, or if there is a death of the passenger, a co-passenger, or a family member, they can cancel their trip and JetBlue will cover the cancellation.
JetBlue Cancellation Due to Weather– The weather might make the departure late or even cancel it. According to JetBlue’s cancellation policy, passengers are allowed to cancel their flight. If you qualify for JetBlue’s cancellation fee waiver, you may receive a refund in the form of a future travel credit for the unused portion of your ticket.
Cancelling JetBlue Award Flight– If you’re a Mosaic reward member and you cancel a non-refundable fare with JetBlue, you may have to pay a cancellation fee. Instead of getting a refund, you’ll receive future travel credit.
JetBlue Bereavement Cancellation– If a passenger with a confirmed reservation passes away, JetBlue will issue a full refund for the unused portion of their flight. To validate the refund request, a copy of the death certificate must be submitted within 14 days of canceling the JetBlue flight.
JetBlue Ticket Cancellation Rules
Here are the important things to consider and the main points from the JetBlue cancellation rules:
Basic Cancellation– The Blue Basic fare cannot be refunded and if you cancel your trip within the US, Mexico, Caribbean, or Central America, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 200 USD per person.
Cancellation Over the Phone– If you want to cancel your JetBlue flight over the phone, there will be a non-refundable fee of $25 in addition to the regular JetBlue cancellation fee.
Cancel JetBlue Credit Card– If you booked a flight reservation with JetBlue Credit Card and it’s a non-refundable fare, you will receive a refund in the form of future travel credit.
Travel Bank Refund– If you need to cancel a non-refundable ticket with JetBlue, they will give you a travel credit as a refund. This credit will be put into your JetBlue Travel Bank account. According to JetBlue Airways’ cancellation policy, the travel credit deposited into the passenger’s JetBlue travel bank account does not have an expiration date. This means it can be used at any time to purchase a new flight.
Mosaic Cancellation– If you’re a Mosaic reward member and you cancel a non-refundable fare with JetBlue, you may have to pay a cancellation fee. Instead of getting a refund, you’ll receive travel credit for future use. If you need to cancel your JetBlue flight on the same day, Mosaic members won’t have to pay the cancellation fee, regardless of the fare type. This is according to JetBlue’s flight cancellation policy. If you cancel your travel plans before the scheduled departure, you will receive a refund for any essential items you purchased.
Refundable Fares– If you cancel your JetBlue flight before it is scheduled to depart, you can get a full refund. However, keep in mind that there may be a cancellation fee imposed by JetBlue. If your flight is not canceled before it was supposed to depart, you cannot get a refund. Instead, the amount you paid for the booking will be converted into travel credit, which you can use for future trips.
Non-Refundable Fares– If you cancel a JetBlue flight that was booked with a restricted fare before the scheduled departure, you will receive a refund in the form of travel credit. However, please note that there will be a JetBlue cancellation fee. You can use the travel credit for future travel, but only on JetBlue flights.
Free Cancellation– If you have a Government or Military fare with JetBlue, you can cancel your ticket and get a full refund for the unused part of the ticket, regardless of the fare type. There may be a cancellation fee for JetBlue flights.
Flight Cancellation Policy in Case of a No-Show– If you don’t cancel a non-refundable JetBlue fare before the scheduled departure, you will lose the entire booking value. No refunds are available in any situation.
JetBlue Airline Manage Booking options, help passengers to conveniently track their flight status online, cancel and receive refunds, and make new reservations, among other things.
24-Hour Cancellation Policy
According to JetBlue’s 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their flight booking within 24 hours of making the reservation and receive a full refund. However, this only applies if the scheduled departure date is at least 7 days away at the time of cancellation. There would be no cancellation fee for JetBlue. Also,
- The JetBlue 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to vacation packages.
- JetBlue cancellation fee within 24 hours: If you change your booking, you won’t get a refund and you might have to pay a cancellation fee per person, depending on the fare you booked. This applies even if it’s within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket.
- The JetBlue refund policy If you cancel your JetBlue flight within 24 hours, you will receive a refund. The refund will be credited back to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.
- If you have a flight booking with JetBlue for more than 9 passengers, you cannot cancel it within 24 hours. This is because it is subject to JetBlue’s group cancellation policy.
- To cancel your JetBlue flight within 24 hours, you can either go to the airline’s website and use the Manage Booking section or call JetBlue’s cancellation phone number.
Covid Cancellation Policy
If you buy a JetBlue flight after January 2021, you might have to pay a cancellation fee because of the omicron variant and the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. To cancel your reservation with JetBlue, go to jetblue.com and find the ‘Manage Booking’ section. Depending on the type of fare and class of service you purchased, you have two options if you need to cancel your flight. You can either get a refund or receive a JetBlue travel bank credit. The travel bank credit is valid for up to 365 days from the date you booked your flight.
JetBlue charges a $25 non-refundable fee for passengers who cancel their flight using the JetBlue cancel flight phone number.
If passengers cancel their JetBlue flight online, they can avoid paying a non-refundable fee of 25 USD per person.
All flight bookings made after January 2021 charged a cancellation fee –
|Blue Basic Fare||Flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America||Other International Routes|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||100 USD||200 USD|
|Blue Fare, Blue Plus Fare||Flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America||Other International Routes|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||75 USD||150 USD|
|Blue Extra Fare, Mint Fare||Flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America||Other International Routes|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||150 USD||200 USD|
Cancellation Fee Waived
Here are the situations where JetBlue cancels your flight without charging a fee:
- If passengers cancel their JetBlue reservation within 24 hours of booking, the cancellation fee will be waived.
- If your flight is delayed for 4 hours or more, you can cancel your flight and get a refund from JetBlue without having to pay a cancellation fee.
- JetBlue’s cancellation policy waiver applies to all reasons related to bereavement.
- If JetBlue cancels a flight and you have a confirmed reservation, they will waive the cancellation fee according to their policy.
How to Cancel a JetBlue Flight?
Passengers can cancel their flight either online or over the phone. Here are some methods to help passengers cancel their JetBlue flight:
JetBlue Cancel Flight Online
To cancel your JetBlue flight online, please follow these steps:
- Go to jetblue.com and find the ‘Manage Booking’ section.
- To access the JetBlue reservation, please provide the six-digit confirmation code and the passenger’s last name.
- To cancel your flight, choose the flight itinerary and then click on the cancel button.
- The JetBlue cancellation refund can be given in two ways, depending on the fare type. It can either be refunded to the original form of payment or provided as a travel credit.
- To proceed with canceling your flight, simply click on the ‘Confirmation’ button.
- After the cancellation is complete, a confirmation of the cancellation will be sent to the passenger’s email address.
JetBlue Cancellation Via Phone
To cancel a flight reservation with JetBlue, passengers can simply call the airline over the phone. This applies to restricted fares.
- Make sure you have your booking reference ready when you connect with the next available JetBlue executive.
- Please request the JetBlue flight executive to cancel the booking.
- Please verify the refund amount that was generated from the booking.
- According to JetBlue’s cancellation policy, if you want to cancel your flight booking, you may have to pay a cancellation fee. You must cancel at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- Passengers who have a restricted fare will receive an email about flight cancellation credit. This email will be sent to their registered email address. The travel credit will be valid for up to 365 days from the date of cancellation.
JetBlue Flight Delays and Cancellations
JetBlue always wants your travel experience to be as smooth and hassle-free, but there are times when things don’t go as planned. Let’s find out what to expect and what your options are when plans change –
Weather Cancellation – Sometimes, bad weather can cause delays with your flight or at the airport. In these situations, JetBlue has plans in place to help you continue your travel. In situations like these,
- JetBlue is offering a cancellation fee waiver for passengers affected by flight cancellations. If you need to cancel your flight, you can do so without any fees by visiting the Manage Booking section on JetBlue’s website or by contacting the airline directly.
- If JetBlue cancels flights because of bad weather, they will ask passengers for some information. This includes the flight confirmation number, flight number, date of travel, and passenger details like full name, date of birth, and contact information.
- If JetBlue cancels a flight because of bad weather, they won’t reschedule the same itinerary.
JetBlue Cancelled My Flight- If JetBlue cancels a flight and the passenger has a confirmed reservation at the time of cancellation, the affected passengers have certain entitlements.
- You can change your booking for free to the next available scheduled departure.
- To get a refund from JetBlue, it will be deposited into your travel bank account.
- If passengers are not given another flight within 4 hours, they will receive a refund to their original payment method.
- If JetBlue cancels a flight within 4 hours of the scheduled departure, the passengers who are affected can receive compensation according to JetBlue’s cancellation policy.
JetBlue Cancellation Compensation
If a passenger’s flight is eligible for JetBlue cancellation compensation, they will receive an email from the airline within seven days of their scheduled flight departure. Passengers who are entitled to compensation for a canceled JetBlue flight will receive it automatically.
If you are flying with multiple airlines and your affected flight was booked with JetBlue, you need to contact JetBlue within seven days of the scheduled departure to see if you qualify for cancellation compensation.
JetBlue Cancel Flight –If your flight with JetBlue got canceled, you have two options. You can either get a full refund for the part of the fare you didn’t use, or you can choose to be rebooked on the next available JetBlue flight without any extra cost.
If JetBlue cancels your flight and there are no other flights within one hour, you can get compensation from JetBlue for future travel.
|JetBlue Ticket Cancellation||JetBlue Cancellation Compensation amount|
|Within 4 hours of flight:||150 USD Credit|
|After scheduled departure:||200 USD Credit|
JetBlue Flight Delays and Cancellation – If your flight is delayed, JetBlue offers compensation for future travel.
|JetBlue Flight Delay Time||JetBlue Cancellation Compensation Amount|
|More than 3 hours between less than 4 hours||50 USD Credit|
|More than 4 hours but less than 5 hours||100 USD Credit|
|More than 5 hours but less than 6 hours||150 USD Credit|
|6 or more hours||200 USD Credit|
In addition, there are times when a passenger’s flight is delayed after they have boarded the plane. If JetBlue cancels your flight, you may be eligible for compensation.
|Delay time||Compensation Amount|
|More than 3 hours but less than 5 hours||100 USD credit|
|More than 5 hours but less than 6 hours||175 USD credit|
|6 or more hours||250 USD credit|
JetBlue Refund Policy
Our travel plans might change suddenly. If you need to cancel your JetBlue flight reservation due to a change in travel plans, whether you are eligible for a refund depends on the type of ticket you have. Here are the key points from JetBlue’s cancellation refund policy:
JetBlue Refund Policy 24 Hours– According to JetBlue’s cancellation policy, if you buy a reservation at least seven days before your flight, you have 24 hours from the time of purchase to cancel and get a full refund.
JetBlue Vacation Refund Policy– If you cancel a JetBlue vacation package, you won’t get a refund. Instead, you’ll have to pay a cancellation fee. The rest of the money you paid will be saved as travel credit that you can use within one year to buy another JetBlue vacation package.
JetBlue Refund for Cancelled Flight– According to JetBlue’s flight cancellation policy, if the airline is responsible for canceling or disrupting a flight, passengers can receive a full refund for the part of the fare that they didn’t use.
JetBlue Delayed Flight Refund Policy– If the JetBlue flight is delayed for 4 hours or more, passengers have the option to cancel their reservation. In this case, they will receive a refund for the unused portion of their ticket. There is no cancellation fee.
JetBlue Refund Status – Once you request to cancel your JetBlue ticket, the refund will be credited back to the original method of payment within 7-10 business days.
JetBlue Refund Credit – According to JetBlue’s cancellation policy, if you receive a refund in the form of future travel credit, it will be valid for one year from the date you made the booking. You can use this credit for future travel on flights operated by JetBlue and its codeshare agreement partners.
JetBlue Price Drop Refund – If you buy a flight ticket and within 24 hours the price for the same trip goes down, you can get a refund for the difference in fare.
JetBlue Bereavement Refund – If a passenger with a confirmed reservation passes away, JetBlue will issue a full refund for the unused portion of their flight. To validate the refund, a copy of the death certificate must be submitted within 14 days of requesting the cancellation of the JetBlue flight.
JetBlue Refund for Partially Used Reservation – According to JetBlue Airlines’ cancellation policy, if you want to cancel part of your trip, you will receive a refund equal to the one-way fare for that portion.
JetBlue Cancelled Flight Refund – To get a refund to the original payment method, passengers need to cancel the flight before it is scheduled to depart. If you cancel a JetBlue flight that has a refundable fare, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit in your JetBlue Travel Bank. This credit can be used for future travel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does JetBlue have 24-hour cancellation?
According to JetBlue’s flight cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking and get a full refund. However, this only applies if the scheduled departure date is at least 7 days away when the cancellation is made. There would be no cancellation fee for JetBlue.
Can you cancel a JetBlue flight within 24 hours?
Passengers are allowed to cancel their JetBlue flight within 24 hours of purchasing it. However, the flight must be scheduled to depart at least 7 days in the future at the time of cancellation.
How much does it cost to cancel a JetBlue flight?
The cancellation penalty for JetBlue depends on the type of fare you have. For travel within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, or Central America, the basic fares for Blue flights are $100 per person. For all other routes, the basic fares are $200 per person.
JetBlue Airlines provides various avenues to modify your flight date. You have the flexibility to make changes through online or offline channels. Further details regarding altering your reservations can be found within JetBlue Airways’ Flight Change Policy.