In this introduction, we will explain the WestJet check-in process. We will cover the different check-in options and the documents you need to bring with you.
Our staff is here to help you, whether you travel often or it’s your first time. They are friendly and professional and will assist you at every step.
What are my check-in options for Westjet?
WestJet provides multiple check-in options for their passengers. These are the available options:
Online check-in: To check in for your WestJet flight, simply go to the WestJet website or use their mobile app. You can check in online for your Westjet flight anytime between 24 hours and 60 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
Mobile check-in: You can also use the Westjet mobile check-in app to make a request. You can use this feature to check in, choose your seat, and get your boarding pass on your phone.
Airport kiosk check-in: WestJet has airport kiosks available at most of the airports they serve. These kiosks let you check in, choose your seat, and print your boarding pass.
Counter check-in: You can also go to the airport counter to request Westjet flight check-in in person. If you have any special requests or need help with your travel plans, this is a great choice.
Please keep in mind that the check-in options offered by Westjet may differ depending on the airport and the type of flight you have.
To get the most current information about your flight, it’s best to check the WestJet website or mobile app for specific details.
When should I request check-in with Westjet?
The check-in and boarding times for Westjet can change depending on the flight and airport you are using.
It is generally recommended that passengers arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before their domestic flight and 3 hours before their international flight.
The check-in time for Westjet Airlines can vary depending on the flight and airport. The times listed below are in minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight. These apply to Westjet domestic flight check-in time.
|Travel||Airport Arrival time||Baggage drop-off time||Check-in cutoff time||Boarding gate arrival time||
Boarding gate closure time
|Other international routes||150||90||60||40||10|
If you arrive after the boarding gate closes, you won’t be able to get on the flight. In certain situations, visitors may be eligible for a same-day change. You can read out WestJet Airlines Flight Change Policy before any changes to your flight.
Here are some important points to think about:
- In most places, you can drop off your luggage up to three hours before your flight departs. You can check in your baggage until the check-in deadline.
- Most airports require international passengers to check in at least 60 minutes before their flight. However, some airports like Calgary (YYC), Edmonton (YEG), Toronto (YYZ), and Vancouver (YVR) have a slightly longer cutoff time of 75 minutes (YVR).
- The gate cutoff time for Boeing 787 aircraft is 15 minutes.
- Make sure to check the security wait times for flights departing from Canadian airports. This will help you plan your schedule and ensure that you have sufficient time to reach your gate and board your flight.
Check-in time for special requests –
Passengers with special requests should be aware of the following:
- If you need to use a wheelchair, please arrive 30 minutes earlier than the check-in deadline for your Westjet flight.
- Passengers with oversized or overweight baggage need to check in 30 minutes before the check-in deadline.
- If you’re a WestJet unaccompanied minor passenger, make sure to check in with a WestJet representative 90 minutes before your flight’s departure time.
- If you bought an extra seat, make sure to check in with a WestJet representative before your scheduled departure time.
- If you’re traveling with a pet in the cabin, you can have an extra 30 minutes before check-in closes.
- If you’re traveling with your pet as checked baggage on Westjet, make sure to arrive at least 90 minutes before your departure time.
How do I check in for a Westjet flight?
You have multiple options to check in for your WestJet flight.
- To access the Westjet website, open your web browser and visit https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/index.
- To find the “Check-in” tab, look for it in the top right-hand corner of the homepage and click on it.
- Please provide your reservation details, which should include your confirmation number or e-ticket number, your last name, and the city you are departing from.
- To start the check-in process, simply click on the “Check-in” button.
- To complete your booking, simply follow the instructions on the screen. You will be guided through the process of choosing your seat, adding any baggage you may have, and providing any required personal details.
- Please review your check-in details to ensure that everything is accurate.
- To complete the process, simply click on the “Check-in” button.
- If you have a boarding pass, you can either print it or save it on your mobile device. This way, you can easily access it when you’re at the airport.
- If you encounter any problems or have any questions while checking in on the Westjet website, you can reach out to Westjet customer service for help.
- Make sure to arrive at the airport on time. When you get there, show your boarding pass and identification to the Westjet staff. This is the first step of your journey.
To make things easier, you can download the WestJet mobile check-in app. To complete the check-in process, simply follow the prompts provided. Afterward, remember to save your boarding pass to your phone.
- To get started, simply download the WestJet mobile app from either the App Store or Google Play Store. Once you’ve downloaded it, open the app on your mobile device.
- To access your WestJet account, simply log in or create a new one if you haven’t done so yet.
- To check in, simply tap the “Check-in” button on the home screen.
- Please provide your booking confirmation number, last name, and departure city. After that, tap on the “Continue” button.
- Please review your flight details and confirm your seat selection or make any necessary changes.
- If you need to check in your baggage, please choose the number of bags you will be checking and pay any fees that may apply.
- If you need any special assistance, like a wheelchair or a specific meal, you can choose those options now.
- After you have looked over all the information and made any needed adjustments, simply tap the “Check-in” button to finish the process.
- Once you finish checking in, you can access your mobile boarding pass. You have the option to save it to your device or add it to your digital wallet.
- When you go to the airport, make sure you have your mobile boarding pass and any other important travel documents with you. Then, go through security and head to your gate.
Self-Service Check-in Kiosks –
If you’re at an airport with self-service check-in kiosks, you can use one of them to check in for your Westjet flight. To print your boarding pass, simply follow the instructions displayed on the kiosk screen. The steps are:
- Find the self-service kiosk in the airport terminal and go up to it.
- Choose WestJet as your airline.
- To enter your booking reference number, passport/ID details, and any other necessary information, simply use the touch screen.
- Choose the seat you like best from the options shown on the screen.
- Please let us know if you have checked baggage. Then, follow the instructions to print the luggage tags and attach them to your bags.
- Please make sure to check your flight details, review your seat selection, and print your boarding pass.
- To get your boarding pass, simply check the printer slot on the kiosk.
- If you have already checked your baggage, go to the bag drop counter to leave your bags there. If not, go straight to the security checkpoint.
Note: Minors cannot sit on emergency seats in airplanes. WestJet Airlines Seat Policy says that minors cannot sit in an emergency seat. But they can choose their preferred seat.
Check-in at the WestJet Counter –
If you would rather check in with a WestJet agent, simply go to the WestJet counter at the airport. The agent will request your booking confirmation number or ID, check your information, and then give you a printed boarding pass.
The check-in process at the WestJet counter at the airport usually includes these steps:
- Make sure to get to the airport at least 2 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time. This will give you enough time to check in and go through security.
- Find the WestJet check-in counter at the airport terminal. You can typically find this information on the airport map or directory.
- To make things easier, go up to the WestJet representative at the counter. Give them your travel details like your flight number, departure city, and destination.
- You will need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a passport or driver’s license.
- You will need to provide your flight confirmation number as well. You can find this information on your itinerary or booking confirmation.
- If you have luggage that needs to be checked, you will need to take it to the counter for check-in. The WestJet representative will weigh your luggage and attach a luggage tag to help identify it.
- After you finish checking in, a WestJet representative will print your boarding pass for you. This will show you your seat number when you should board, and the gate number.
- Once you have your boarding pass, go to the security checkpoint. Remember to have your boarding pass and identification ready when security personnel check them.
- After going through security, go to your gate to board your flight.
How do I get a mobile boarding pass for Westjet?
To obtain a mobile boarding pass for WestJet, simply follow these steps:
- To get the WestJet app, simply download it on your mobile device. You can get the app for free on the App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android devices.
- To get started, install the app and then open it. Once you have it open, simply tap on the “Check-in” button.
- To access your flight details, please provide either your booking confirmation number or your flight information.
- To check in for your flight and get a mobile boarding pass, just follow the prompts.
- To check in for your Westjet flight online, you can view your boarding pass on your mobile device. You have the option to save it or take a screenshot.
- After obtaining the mobile boarding pass, you can proceed through security and board your flight.
How do I request baggage check-in at the airport?
To request baggage check-in at the airport, follow these steps:
- Before you go to the airport, make sure to check your airline’s baggage policy. This will help you know the rules about the size, weight, and number of bags you can bring.
- When you get to the airport, find the check-in counter for your airline. You can easily find this information on the airport’s website or by looking for signs in the airport.
- Please join the line at the check-in counter and wait for your turn. Make sure to have your passport or identification and flight details easily accessible.
- When it’s your turn, show your baggage to the airline representative for check-in. When you arrive, they will weigh your bags, check your ID, and print your boarding pass.
- If you have to pay any fees for checking baggage with Westjet, the airline representative will inform you and collect the payment.
- The airline representative will put baggage tags on your checked luggage. These tags will have details about your flight and where you’re going. There may be restrictions on the amount of baggage you can check in with WestJet.
- Please inquire with the representative about how your baggage will be delivered to your destination and any procedures you need to follow to claim your baggage.
- Once you have checked in your baggage, go to airport security with your boarding pass and carry-on luggage.
Passengers have different ways to check in, like online, mobile, or self-serve kiosks. This gives them the freedom to choose the option that suits them best.
The check-in process with WestJet Airlines is designed to make your travel experience easy and stress-free.