No matter what the reason is, flight delays are always heartbreaking and annoying. But sometimes, no matter how important your trip plans are, you need to ask to be canceled. Ryanair, which is based in Dublin, is very flexible when it comes to its cancellation policy. If you already have a ticket and want to cancel it.
Learn everything you need to know about how to cancel your Ryanair flight.
Key Points About Ryanair Cancellation Policy
- You can cancel both refundable and non-refundable fares.
- If Ryanair cancels your flight reservation, you can get a full refund and compensation. The experience of the traveler can differ depending on the circumstances they encounter.
- If you want to be eligible for Ryanair cancellations, you must book your ticket through Ryanair’s website, by calling them, or at their ticket counter.
- If you need to cancel or change a Ryanair flight, you have the option to do so within 24 hours of purchasing your ticket. By doing this, you can receive a full refund of the amount you paid.
- If you want to find out if your booking can be canceled by Ryanair, just go to the “Manage reservation” tab. Please provide the booking reference and the last name of the passenger. To understand if you can book a ticket with Ryanair, you need to know the fare rules.
- According to Ryanair’s flight cancellation refund policy, you will receive a refund within 7-10 working days. The refund will be sent back to the original payment method.
- If you don’t use your booked flight, you won’t get a refund for the airfare, taxes, fees, and other charges.
- Passengers can apply for a refund of government taxes and airport fees within one month from the date of travel.
- If someone in your immediate family passes away within 4 weeks of your scheduled flight and you decide not to travel, you can cancel your Ryanair flight and request a refund.
Ryanair 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
If your flight with Ryanair starts in the UK or Europe, you cannot request a cancellation within 24 hours of buying the ticket. The airline allows passengers to cancel their flights within 24 hours, but this policy only applies to flights that are either departing from or arriving in the USA and Canada. Before using 24-hour cancellation, passengers should consider the following important points:
- According to Ryanair’s cancellation policy, passengers can receive a full refund for their flight tickets if they cancel within 24 hours of purchasing them.
- The Ryanair cancellation policy applies to both refundable and non-refundable fares. It follows a 24-hour rule.
- The refund will be credited back to the original payment method. The payment will appear in the payee’s account in 7-10 working days.
- If you buy flights through the Ryanair Club Miles account, they are not eligible for cancellation within 24 hours according to Ryanair’s policy.
- The option to cancel for free within 24 hours does not apply to group reservations and is subject to the rules of group fares.
- The Ryanair cancellation policy, known as the 24-hour rule, applies to bookings made through the Ryanair website, the Ryanair cancellations helpdesk, or the Ryanair flight ticket offices.
What is the Cancellation Fee for Ryanair Tickets?
Passengers have the option to cancel their flight booking and receive a refund. The refund amount will be equal to the government taxes and airport fees.
- If passengers want to cancel their flight with Ryanair, they can do so at least 2.5 hours before the scheduled departure time. However, they will need to pay a cancellation fee or administration fee of $25 USD. This fee covers government taxes and airport fees, and by paying it, passengers can receive a full refund for their booking.
- If you want to get a full refund for your Ryanair flight booking, you need to cancel it at least 30 days before your scheduled departure.
Methods to Cancel Ryanair Flight
You’re wondering how to cancel a reservation with Ryanair. You have two options to do it: through the airline’s website or by visiting the airline’s ticketing office.
- You used an airline’s website or another online travel agency (OTA) to book your flight.
- If you cancel your flight booking at least two hours before the scheduled flight departure.
Follow these Steps:
- To retrieve your booking on the Ryanair home page, follow these steps: 1. Click on the “Manage my booking” section. 2. You will find three options to retrieve your booking.
- Please provide the six-digit booking reference and the last name of the passenger.
- Please provide the name of the cardholder and the last four digits of the credit/debit card used for booking.
- To cancel your booking, please sign in using the email address you provided when you made the booking. Once signed in, you can select the specific booking you want to cancel.
- To cancel a flight, simply click on the flight you want to cancel. The screen will show you the cancellation fee and the amount you will be refunded for your Ryanair booking.
- To continue, simply click on the cancellation button.
- After you cancel your flight, the airline will send a confirmation to the email address you provided when you made the booking.
If you’re having trouble canceling your Ryanair booking online or can’t access it because of fare rule restrictions, you can cancel it by going to the airport reservation counter or the nearest Ryanair booking cancellation office. Remember to bring a valid photo ID with you when you travel, along with your flight tickets. This is important for verifying your identity as a traveler.
Denial of Cancellation
According to Ryanair’s refund policy, if your flight is canceled by Ryanair, you have the right to request a refund and compensation.
Essentials for Ryanair Flight Cancelation Compensation
- A flight delay of over 3 hours.
- If you were not notified of cancellation or information within 14 days of departure.
- If overbooking or other technical issues prevented you from boarding,
- If a flight segment delay caused you to miss a leg and arrive at your destination no earlier than 3 hours after the scheduled time.
- Cancel your Ryanair flight and get a refund. Refunds will be processed within 7 business days.
- Reroute your booking to final destinations under equivalent transport conditions.
- Re-routing where possible will get you Ryanair cancellation claim compensation:
- Meals and refreshments
- Hotel accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Transport to an alternate airport, as applicable.
In Which Cases Is a Refund Not Provided?
According to the Ryanair cancellation policy Here are some situations where passengers cannot claim a refund or compensation for Ryanair flight cancellations:
- When passengers don’t check in for their flight, the boarding gate is closed for departure.
- Passengers who exhibit bad behavior or refuse to cooperate with airport and security staff may be denied boarding or asked to leave the plane.
Ryanair Cancellation Claim Compensation
Here is a summary of the compensation that Ryanair passengers can claim in case of flight delays.
- If there is a delay on a short-haul flight (less than 1500 km), passengers will receive compensation in the form of a $300 USD electronic travel voucher.
- If there is a delay on a medium-distance flight (between 1500 and 3500 Km), passengers will receive compensation in the form of a $450 USD electronic travel voucher.
- If there is a delay on long-haul flights that are over 3500 Km, passengers will receive a compensation of $725 USD in the form of an electronic travel voucher.
If your flight is delayed, you have the right to receive basic benefits and services according to the Ryanair cancellation policy.
What if Ryanair Cancel Your Flight?
According to Ryanair’s cancellation policy, if the airline cancels your flight, you are entitled to the following:
- Ryanair canceled the flight and will refund the unused ticket within seven days.
- We will redirect you to your next flights as quickly as we can.
- You will receive meal vouchers and refreshments.
- Ryanair will cover the cost of two phone calls and emails.
- Ryanair canceled the flight and refunded the partially used ticket within a week. They also arranged transportation back to the original point of travel.
- If you need to stay overnight due to re-routing, the hotel will provide accommodation.
- If your flight is delayed for more than 5 hours, you will be offered 200% of the airfare as compensation. This applies to all flights, regardless of the distance. Furthermore, Ryanair would provide a flight to the ultimate destination.
- The departure has been delayed until tomorrow. The passenger will receive 200% of the airfare as compensation, regardless of how far they were supposed to fly. Furthermore, Ryanair would provide hotel accommodations, arrange meals, and offer airport transfers.
In which case do You Apply for a Refund?
The refund policy of Ryanair depends on the fare rules of the flight ticket you bought.
If the fare rule says the ticket cannot be refunded, the passenger will only receive a refund for the taxes and fees.
If your flight is canceled without your choice, you will receive a refund that includes the amount you paid for the ticket as well as any taxes and fees you paid.
In the Case of Death
If someone in your immediate family passes away within 4 weeks of your scheduled flight and you decide not to travel, you can cancel your Ryanair flight and request a refund.
According to Ryanair’s cancellation policy, you need to submit your claim and provide a copy of the death certificate before the flight date. An immediate family member is someone who is closely related to you.
Is It Possible to Cancel My Ryanair Flight and Receive a Refund?
According to Ryanair’s cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight up to three hours before it is scheduled to depart. If you cancel within 24 hours of booking and your departure date is at least 7 days away, you can get a full refund for all fares except non-restricted fares.
What Should I Do if My Ryanair Flight Gets Canceled?
If Ryanair cancels your flight, you have the right to claim compensation or a refund based on your ticket fare type and the terms and conditions provided.